Your Best Title Comeback!

TGD

Currently my league champions AC Milan are 11 points adrift from Inter Milan after 10 games. So it looks like I am going to have to pull off a major comeback. Share your stories of any successful title winning moments.

FM 2008, my Wrexham side were 17 points adrift after only 10 games. As the season wore on my Champions League expectations fell as I was knocked out in the group stages to Bordeaux, Real Madrid and Juventus :\. 10 games left of the season I was 11 points behind a seemingly invincible Preston side who were top and 4 points adrift of a Champions League spot. They were currently occupied by Preston, Liverpool, Arsenal and Newcastle. Season went right to the wire and in my last game I beat bottom club Morecambe by 4 goals to 1 where as Preston lost to Ipswich :D Yayyyy It meant I won the league by 2 points.

I'm managing Athletico Madrid in season 1 of the game. Barcelona were 8 points ahead with 5 games to go. Barcelona then lost to valencia away and drew with a mid table team at home. Obviously I haven't won the league as there are 3 games left....although i feel confident as i'm now 2 points behind.

Hopefully when i get home form work i'll be able to tell you if the comeback was completed. Anything above 2nd will be a bonus though as i never thought i would be challenging this late in the season due to buying 12 new players at the start of the game...and we all know it can take a year for a squad to blend.

Archived