List of good players willing to sign for lower leagues

The one thing I miss most of all in all the player tips is the hidden factor I would call "willingness to sign". I have played days and days of FM08, but I have found no pattern to what makes a player willing to sign for whatever team/league I'm playing.

The "ask assistant to filter unrealistic targets" is a close proxy, but far from perfect. Also, I have found that when my bid for a player is accepted and I click "offer contract", they say they are not interested, but I have tried anyway, and sometimes they have come back to negotiate.

Here is my list of the best players I've managed to sign at the start of the game for Leeds in League One. My guess is that all of them would be good (and willing) signings for the Championship and even decent signings for Premier League. Some of them I even convinced to come to League Two.

Pablo Piatti (if other clubs don't snatch him first)

Diego Buonanotte (will negotiate after stating no interest, always filtered out by assistant)

Bogdan Stancu (often not interested, but eventually signs after some negotiation, often filtered by assistant)

Martin Olsson (always filtered out by assistant, but I signed him many times - best left back signing on many levels btw)

Rene Mihelic (willing to come to lower leagues - but if other clubs are interested you could forget it)

Other good ones out there too (listed below), but these are really key to getting a "good save" going.

Other good onesthat I have gotten League One or below:

Adrian Hora

Alo Bärengrub

Mikael Lustig

Artur Sorin

Stefan Mardare

Jan Polak

Da Mota

Jonathan Bru

Benjamin Laurant

Sabrin Sburlea

Nejc Pecnik

Ionescu

Dimitriu Copil

Marcus Williams

Geoffrey Jourdren

Artur Kotenko

Nengomashe (foreign but always gets wp)

Kaimar Saag

Lubos Kamenar

Tibor Tisza

Amin Bacinovic

Dorin Andronic

Anes Mravac

Juan Carlos Arce (foreign but always gets wp)

I hope it's of use to anyone, and I hope to see suggestions on who is missing from my list.

(All based on 8.0.2 patch)

The one thing I miss most of all in all the player tips is the hidden factor I would call "willingness to sign". I have played days and days of FM08, but I have found no pattern to what makes a player willing to sign for whatever team/league I'm playing.

The "ask assistant to filter unrealistic targets" is a close proxy, but far from perfect. Also, I have found that when my bid for a player is accepted and I click "offer contract", they say they are not interested, but I have tried anyway, and sometimes they have come back to negotiate.

Here is my list of the best players I've managed to sign at the start of the game for Leeds in League One. My guess is that all of them would be good (and willing) signings for the Championship and even decent signings for Premier League. Some of them I even convinced to come to League Two.

Pablo Piatti (if other clubs don't snatch him first)

Diego Buonanotte (will negotiate after stating no interest, always filtered out by assistant)

Bogdan Stancu (often not interested, but eventually signs after some negotiation, often filtered by assistant)

Martin Olsson (always filtered out by assistant, but I signed him many times - best left back signing on many levels btw)

Rene Mihelic (willing to come to lower leagues - but if other clubs are interested you could forget it)

Other good ones out there too (listed below), but these are really key to getting a "good save" going.

Other good onesthat I have gotten League One or below:

Adrian Hora

Alo Bärengrub

Mikael Lustig

Artur Sorin

Stefan Mardare

Jan Polak

Da Mota

Jonathan Bru

Benjamin Laurant

Sabrin Sburlea

Nejc Pecnik

Ionescu

Dimitriu Copil

Marcus Williams

Geoffrey Jourdren

Artur Kotenko

Nengomashe (foreign but always gets wp)

Kaimar Saag

Lubos Kamenar

Tibor Tisza

Amin Bacinovic

Dorin Andronic

Anes Mravac

Juan Carlos Arce (foreign but always gets wp)

I hope it's of use to anyone, and I hope to see suggestions on who is missing from my list.

(All based on 8.0.2 patch)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Celtic 08:

Whats the point of this? and btw Liviu Ganea </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a good thread imo. Keep it going.

This is a good thread I am about to start a game as Crewe and always have trouble finding any defenders that can actually defend that are cheap. Any ideas got aroun 500k to buy 2 new CBs.

Do you know any good lone strikers as well. Do the players you listed improve I know afew of them are good enough to go alot higher than league 1.

Thanks.

acidburn.. for cb's try sashi chalwe and kelvin langmead, both brilliant for me in league 1 and good enough for the championship aswell.

for lone striker definately buy marcin robak, i play him as a lone striker and hes the best striker ive ever had. in league one his record was something brilliant averaging about 1.5 goals and game and hes still amazing in the championship, played 3 games so far and hes scored 8! 2 hattricks and a brace.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Martin Olsson </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

jorge rojas amazing stats for this lvl DL,WB or ML hell he even has 20 longshot

Got him for 250K to leeds

Hosain kaebi DR,WB,AMR young has almost for 50 caps for iran alrdy just check this guy.

oh and got him for nothing at leeds.

Eggert jonsson MC young great stats alrdy and gets better i play him in DM becuase of me tac doing a great job

£500k my most expensive buy

Richard witschage ML,MC age 38 good for one season but man he rips the sh*t out of CL1

6k yeah best buy

Walter centeno AMC age 33 You need to move fast on this guy as he starts on a free just offer him max money he is me playmaker.

Free

Kabamba Musasa SC well what can i say he is so fast he leaves CL1 defenders standing but man he misses some real sitters some times but atm he is 16aps 16 goals.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bihdhdhdhbd:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Martin Olsson </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

jorge rojas amazing stats for this lvl DL,WB or ML hell he even has 20 longshot

Got him for 250K to leeds

Hosain kaebi DR,WB,AMR young has almost for 50 caps for iran alrdy just check this guy.

oh and got him for nothing at leeds.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks. Full backs are a nightmare, so I'll definately check them out. I am guessing they need work permits and so that will be a complete gamble?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bihdhdhdhbd:

Work permits for these guys is easy. one has almost 50caps and the other one is past that, signed them 3 times now at diffrent UK clubs never had work permits problems. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very helpful indeed. I can never find good full backs.

Just finished me first full season with leeds came 5th and won the play offs just as side note Rojas scored the winner in the 2nd leg and the final both 25 yard shots icon_smile.gif.

Rojas 47ap 6g 7as 2mo 75%pa 2.45tck 0.29dr 7.30av

Kaebi 40ap 1g 4as 0mo 73%pa 1.23tck 0.56dr 7.15av

Got fulham sniffing around Kaebi atm btw those stats are league only side note kaebi is a dirty bastard 16 yeallow cards but no red ones as for rojas i think he be a great winger too just i dont use wingers in my formation i use kimz tac.

no injury wrrys with these guys and they up for the big matches.

another very good back: Marvin Angulo, plays on the right (DR), also AMR.

Other good choice, for the left side: Dudka. He can also play as DC or DMC. (dunno his first name for the moment, sorry)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by calvin:

Other good choice, for the left side: Dudka. He can also play as DC or DMC. (dunno his first name for the moment, sorry) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's Darius Dudka. Versatile and good. A bit expensive for lower leagues though if I remember correctly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skogmantore:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by calvin:

Other good choice, for the left side: Dudka. He can also play as DC or DMC. (dunno his first name for the moment, sorry) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's Darius Dudka. Versatile and good. A bit expensive for lower leagues though if I remember correctly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bought him with Hoffenheim, and idd, its a lower league team fighting against relegation but with a 'sugar daddy' and plenty of money ...

Angulo is a cheap player, think I paid around 125k for him ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AcidBurn:

Anyone got any good goalies? For Crewe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Preston Edwards from Millwall. Costs around 500k.

Cheers

JOEBOY icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doyle:

I need a striker for about 200k for Cardiff, someone with some pace as I have Hasslebaink and Fowler at the moment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hora </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have Hora at Rochdale, we just got our second succesive promotion icon_biggrin.gif and he's pretty useful, real potential to develop into a premiership player me thinks. Versatile too.

Sburlea- Another young romanian with potential

Mussasa- I noticed someone mentioned him further up,got him on a free after season 1 and he got 30 goals as we sneaked the play offs in league 1. Make sure you get him on a decent contract length though,i only signed him on a 1 year deal and he wouldnt sign a new 1 so now has pi$$ed off to Bristol City on a free. Next season is going to be impossible!!

Cristea- Plays Dl but better at AML- uality player, tore it up for my Dale side as we got promoted from league 1.

Sabic- good young DC

Zec- Looks quality on my game, just cant get a work permit for him.

Good loan signings for league 1 and below include:

Damien Plessis

Craig Carthcart

Jamie O Hara

Jay Spearing

Simon Dawkins

Thomas Perkhart (sp?)- at Spurs

Guys I know Murphy has been mentioned. I actually got him to come to Salisbury. I just kept offering over and over til he agreed in mid august. Bout broke the bank on him but he scored 90 goals overall so worht every penny.

Using Kimz Tactics we won the League, Setanta and FAT runner up. Made it to 5th round of FA cup (due to good draw helping) where we lost to West Ham

Also I got Batista from Fulham on loan who was awesome in Blue square Premier

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jamiehex:

Guys I know Murphy has been mentioned. I actually got him to come to Salisbury. I just kept offering over and over til he agreed in mid august. Bout broke the bank on him but he scored 90 goals overall so worht every penny.

Using Kimz Tactics we won the League, Setanta and FAT runner up. Made it to 5th round of FA cup (due to good draw helping) where we lost to West Ham

Also I got Batista from Fulham on loan who was awesome in Blue square Premier </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which Murphy do you mean? First name?

brian mclean - 500 k EUR - great DC

matt hil - 2.5 mil EUR - DL

nicolae dica - 2.5 mil EUR - AM LC/FC - great player

bogdan stancu - 1 mil EUR - clinical SC, great pot

walter centeno - free - midfield playmaker AMC

almeyda - DM

jaime valdes - 800 k EUR - AM RLC

im in the 4th season too but were are u atm prem? euro place? still in cc1? and how much you got to spend?

i mean my right back is Paulo Ferreira i got very very lucky on this guy had to beat off ajax and betis for his sig plus he didnt whant to come cue over the odds wages.

Kirill Pavlycuhek is my cover/back up player.

1.1m need a work permit but its not a problem.

my left over right back is Hosain kaebi.

Archived