Transfers

I don't complain often but I need to get it off my chest. Promoted to the Premiership with Forest, i have plenty of players I want to SELL. However each time i offer a player out for transfer, clubs come back with Loan offers, why isn't there an option to tell clubs that i want to sell, not loan!

Another thing, i'm pretty sure a team promoted to the Premiership, who are within both Transfer and Wage budgets, can live without having the board to sell their best player, as like in my case, where my best defender (and really my only defender since players won't come to me) was sold to newly promoted Newcastle for a mere £3.6 million. On top of this, the monthly confidence thing pops up and lo and behold, the fans are furious at ME for selling the player. I didn't even have a say in the matter?

Now i'm looking to a long season where i have no defenders, cannot get more money from transfers because clubs don't want to buy instead of loan and because i'm generally losing interest in the game already.

How many threads are we going to have today starting "I don't normally complain........but" or similar?

The fact is clubs prefer to loan as its a cheaper way of getting themselves out of a hole for a season, and they aren't stuck with the player on a contract if he flops. This is all down to the current economic climate, clubs are a lot more careful with how they spend their cash, and its reflected in the game.

Why not just loan the players out and adjust your wage/transfer budgets accordingly afterwards? As for chairman accepting offers.......... well it is kind of their asset at the end of the day and the fans will always turn on a manager if this happens as he is seen as a yes man or scape goatfor the chairman.

Archived