Option for English language simply disappeared! HELP!

I installed the game and chose English and played with no problems, until I decided to uninstall and re-install the game without Steam the second time around, as it was causing me many problems.

Anyhow, I installed the game the second time round in offline mode, patched to 10.1, and when I opened the game the only language options I have are French, Italian and Portuguese, even though the first time around and throughout both installation processes, the English language was available.

I don't know if its relevant but I did buy the game in France (though played in English no problem)

I just checked Program Files > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 and I have FM_readme files in all 4 languages (the aforementioned 3 plus English).

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have been playing the game for over a decade and have yet to encounter such a bizarre problem.

Somebody please help, this is ruining my game! I am trying to play in French, my 3rd language, but the player attributes are positioned differently and it is just too hard to get used to. how do i restore my english-language file, and why did it disappear in the first place?!

Go to C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\languages (will be different if you are not on XP/used Steam, but the FM10/data/languages bit will be the same so look for that). See if you have the file 'english.ltc' If you do, then the game has screwed up and you should try a complete uninstall, plus manually deleting all files left over after, and then re-install. If this doesn't work, I guess it could be something to do with a registry entry, but that is beyond my level of computer knowledge. If it is not there, try installing the demo and copying it over.

OK the file is missing, so as I didn't know what to do, I re-installed the game and it said 'The game installed but with some problems. Please check game log for details.' but i cannot seem to find any game log.

I check Program Files/Sports Interactive/FM2010/data/languages and again, even after the re-install, I only have .ltc files for french, italian and portuguese.

so it seems my english.ltc file has completely disappeared!! can anybody help me how to proceed?

I am running a Vista and purchased a hard-copy of the game in France, but the first time I installed through Steam, I could play in English, but installing without Steam seems to have made my english.ltc file disappear!

Please help SI! I did a search in my whole Computer for the file but it is nowhere to be found!

Hi thanks for the reply! :) What I need is somebody to send me a copy of english.ltc so thank you for uploading the link, but unfortunately, the page cannot seem to load for me! Could you please confirm that the link is fully working on your end? Apologies for the inconvenience :)

I don't know what the problem is (maybe its because I'm on wired internet in a communal residence) but I click on the link, it tries to load the Internet page for ages, and then says 'Operation aborted' and nothing loads! :-(

Archived