Installed via Steam and manually downloaded patch

I have installed the game via Steam (registering the CD) and the game is still running on the default 10.0.0.

I then tried manually downloading the patch, the files updated, but the game still runs on the default file.

Any help?

(I am trying this on a new game and can't think why it is not working)

There is no database update so that will still be 10.0.0, but you should find once you've started a new game you will be patched. Check the Game Status screen (click the FM button --> Game Status) to see which version you're running.

Also, be aware that manually patching a Steam version will make the game act like it is an offline version. So you will still need the disk in to play.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest S.Ramos
There is no database update so that will still be 10.0.0, but you should find once you've started a new game you will be patched. Check the Game Status screen (click the FM button --> Game Status) to see which version you're running.

Also, be aware that manually patching a Steam version will make the game act like it is an offline version. So you will still need the disk in to play.

I've already done that mistake. So how can I delete the patch upgrades without uninstalling everything?

Guest S.Ramos

My english is pretty bad. So is there any way to get FM to understand I'm running through Steam without deleting everything(such as facepacks, gamesaves, ect.)? If so, what should I do?

Edit: I see it's pretty easy to save the important things as I reinstall. I just have to ask you if I can unistall and then install the game one more time using Steam?

Again, sorry my english and mayby I should say sorry for the stupid questions ;-(

Archived