Player registeration glitch

I noticed this extremely annoying glitch and it's doing my head in! I'm playing with Man City and as you probably know you can register 25 players for the Premier league and the deadline to do so is 1.8.

I assigned my squad numbers multiple times before the deadline, but for some reason Ireland kept losing his number about 4-7 days after I assigned it. I think I gave him his preferred number 7 at least 4 times (in case you're wondering, no one had number 7 so that is not the reason he didn't get it). The screen which says how many players you have registered always said 24 players registered after Ireland lost his number and then 25 when I assigned it again so he did get it for a short while so it didn't say he was ineligible to play. That is until he lost the number again without me touching the numbers...

Just before the deadline I saved my game to a seperate file just in case, assigned all 25 numbers and it seemed to work. It did for a while, but about 2-3 weeks later when I can't register players anymore, another player (Riquelme) somehow loses his number and now is ineligible to play! I started to think that maybe I messed up the number selection or something, so I loaded a game I saved right after I originally saved the squad numbers and Riquelme has his number and is eligible to play in the league, so it wasn't me who messed up but in fact a glitch.

Anyone know if there is a work around for this? I wouldn't want to go back in my save because I've got some great results after it, maybe use some editor or something like that?

If this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it to where it belongs.

I had a kind of odd issue in Germany regarding registering players. In the first window it was fine and i gave all my players the numbers i wanted: my first choice right back number 2 my left winger number 11 ect.

When January came i'd signed a couple of new players and of course i had to register them in the second window but all of the squad, bar the new signings, already had numbers but not the numbers i had allocated originally and they were greyed out so i couldn't change them. All i was able to do was allocate new numbers to the new siginings. So my right back i'd given number 2 to in the first window now had number 17 and i wan't able to change it, nor was i able to change any other of the other numbers apart from the new signings....

I had a kind of odd issue in Germany regarding registering players. In the first window it was fine and i gave all my players the numbers i wanted: my first choice right back number 2 my left winger number 11 ect.

When January came i'd signed a couple of new players and of course i had to register them in the second window but all of the squad, bar the new signings, already had numbers but not the numbers i had allocated originally and they were greyed out so i couldn't change them. All i was able to do was allocate new numbers to the new siginings. So my right back i'd given number 2 to in the first window now had number 17 and i wan't able to change it, nor was i able to change any other of the other numbers apart from the new signings....

I'd take changing numbers anyday instead of suddenly not being able to use a player with one of the best technical attributes in the game along with 20 passing and creativity :D Who knows how many players suddenly lose their number because I sure as hell didn't do anything to make this happen.

Archived