League cup rules???

Ok i have just played Everton in the League Cup Semi Final and in the first leg i lost 1-0 at home, away from home at the end of the 90 im winning 2-1 so i should win on away goals if they are being taken into account?? Yet the game proceeds into extra time and at the end of ET no more goals have been scored so i presumed penalties but the game just finishes and said i won on away goals?

Surely the away goals should be taken into account at the end of 90 not 120 minutes? Like i say i dont know the rules of the LC so any help?

away goals only count after 120 minutes i think...im sure a quick google search would tell you...

after a 2 minute search..1st result

13.5 In the Semi-Final ties, if the aggregate score is level at the end of the second game an extra half-hour shall be played. If the aggregate scores are still level at the end of extra time the tie shall be decided by goals scored away from home counting twice. If the teams remain equal after this procedure the tie shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with the Laws of Association Football.

Yeah 'tis the rules now im afraid.

Happened to Burnley against Tottenham in the real life League Cup Semi Final's last year.

Spurs 4-1 Burnley / Burnley 3-0 Spurs. So even though Burnley were leading by away goals they still had to play extra time before the away goals counted!

Archived