2 footed vs. attributes? Quick question

i know that the attributes are taken into account for the match engine but not the CA. what about the footedness? Because i know that a one footed player will have much better attributes than a 2 footed player with the same ability. i want to know if the 2 footed player will perform as well as the 1 footed player with better attributes?

this is because scout reports etc. report on ability so one footed players with good stats are rated poorly. Basically i'm wondering whether these reports actually mean anything.

thanks

It's like any other attribute, get a two footed player in a situation where he can take advantage of his two-footedness and he'll play better. Restrict him to just using one foot and the player with better other attributes will be better. Basically, don't give two footed wingers crossing often and hug the line instructions - leave them on mixed and let them switch between cutting in and shooting or hugging the line and crossing.

Yes, the theory is that, if you have two players with the same CA, the one with two-footedness will have lower attributes, but should perform fairly equally on the pitch to the single-footed guy with better attributes.

There's been a lot of (inconclusive) debate on the forums about whether two-footedness is correctly weighted for that statement to be true .. but as I've seen people argue both sides, I suspect SI are pretty much in the ballpark for it.

As has been noted, your tactics will play into it for wide players - but as you can imagine its going to be very useful up the middle, for an ST, MC, or DC to be able to control balls with either foot is a huge plus no matter what your tactics look like.

For a striker on FM10, I'd rather have the player with lower attributes that can use both feet, which wouldn't have been the case in FM09. I can now actually see the effect having a one-footed striker has on the team, and I've found a player who can use "either" or even just has "Right" instead of "Right only" will score more often, even with lower attributes.

Archived