couple of quick (hopefully) Fm2007

Hi,

Can somebody please answer my two current queries:-

- Is it possible to make a player available for reserve games without moving them to the reserve team ? I want to keep my subs bench match fit but don't necessarily want to demote them to the stiffs !

- How can i raise my salary ceiling. My star striker wants a new contract, he's worth the money and is loyal but my board will only let me offer wages that are £22k per week. He wants £40K. I'm well under my overall budget and really want to keep him. He's valued at £15m and a full england international so will be very difficult to replace.

I'm playing as walsall and we're a top half prem league team in the year 2022.

Thanks

Hi,

Can somebody please answer my two current queries:-

- Is it possible to make a player available for reserve games without moving them to the reserve team ? I want to keep my subs bench match fit but don't necessarily want to demote them to the stiffs !

- How can i raise my salary ceiling. My star striker wants a new contract, he's worth the money and is loyal but my board will only let me offer wages that are £22k per week. He wants £40K. I'm well under my overall budget and really want to keep him. He's valued at £15m and a full england international so will be very difficult to replace.

I'm playing as walsall and we're a top half prem league team in the year 2022.

Thanks

You can't do either of the things you ask on FM07 but you can do them on FM08.

In '08 you can keep a player in the first team but declare him available for the reserves for a set amount of time.

You can also perform budget adjustments so that you can allocate extra transfer funds to wages and vice versa.

Thanks for the quick reply Chopper.

I guess if he won't accept the paltry £22k per week the board are allowing me (he's on £15k currently) I'll just have to cash in and add the bunce to the warchest.

What's frustrating though is that i have a DR on £28k per week ! who is only worth £7m at best.

i find that if you want to raise your salary ceiling then one of your players has to be at the top of the salary tower.

i used to keep my wages really really low in CM3.

to the point that when i wanted to buy a top player who wanted lots i couldn't offer him what he wanted.

so i started raising everyone elses sallary that and my wage cap went up.

Right, just to finish this one off.

Played last night, star striker scored in semi final of League cup - getting us to the final, so i attempted one last go at offering a contract and finally the board let me offer £38k per week, player accepts and everyone is happy ! Actually played through for a while and managed my first silverware !(the league cup - beat Sheff Utd 2-0 at wembley) so a happy ending all round - for this particular issue anyway............

Archived