Im Arsenal and cant seem to beat the big 4!!

Has anyone got this problem..im arsenal and everytime i come up against a top 4 team or the likes of man city and tottenham i always seem to lose..i have bought some good players and even changed my formation a few times but even though im on my second season my record seems to be awful against these teams and its like so unrealistic...would the new patch help?

Tried changing your tactics for the games?

I've just started playing as Arsenal, and my usual tactic is similar to the real life Arsenal, lots of short passing, controlling the possession and tempo etc. This works great against smaller teams, but when I had Celtic in the Champions League it wasn't nearly as effective, so I switched to a direct counter attack based style and scored twice in the second half to go on to win 2-0.

Just need to adapt around each game, dominating Man Utd isn't going to work nearly as well as it will Wigan for example, you'll need to defend more and it'll be harder to retain possession and create tactics.

I've just won the EPL with Arsenal on my first season on FM10.

Dzeko was a great 'target man'.

De Rossi a great 'ball winner'.

Signed Mexes at the end of January after a mass exodus of deadwood, and performed superbly in the final half of the season.

However my financial outlay will result in this team remaining, and very very minimal transfers come 10/11.

My point further proved by the fact I was 2-1 down to Chelsea, down to 9 men after Diaby and Senderos were sent off, but turned it around to 3-2 after setting my strategy to overload, pushing the defensive line up, pumping balls forward and looking for the overlap.

Incredibly satisfying win.

I think perhaps in FM2010 you are expected to adapt more to teams before and during the game, but fortunately the touchline shouts and quick strategy changes make this very easy. Fantastic new feature of the game and working much better than I expected. I'm really loving FM2010 because of this actually.

Archived