Games running really really slow

The answer is in the question. What spec is your computer? If it's at the low end of the market then 275,000 players will take it's toll fairly quickly.

core2duo 6400 @2.13ghz, 3 gb memory...and i think this has always been a problem with the game developers...if a high end machine can't even make use of the full game experience then whatz the point of adding so many features...this has been the problem with majority of the fm games for yrs...not everyone has axx to a super awesome machine and mine ain't even all that bad yet I still like many previous versions use the game to itz full extent...

whats the point of adding so many features?

well i bet only a handful of people play the indian leagues, the large chunk of the FM audience is european, so if they didn't add the feature you wouldn't be able to happily play the indian league ;)

I dont really understand your surprise though, when you selected all those leagues and that enormous amount of players at the new game screens, the game should've already indicated that it would be slow as hell with the star system?

the point of being able to pick leagues and seeing how many players are loaded is to cater and balance to each machines capabilities and your needs. I dont think there is a computer fast enough to load all the players to be honest.

core2duo 6400 @2.13ghz, 3 gb memory...and i think this has always been a problem with the game developers...if a high end machine can't even make use of the full game experience then whatz the point of adding so many features...this has been the problem with majority of the fm games for yrs...not everyone has axx to a super awesome machine and mine ain't even all that bad yet I still like many previous versions use the game to itz full extent...

my one : core 2 due @2.4, 4Gb RAM. only load custome for 10.000 players, tried to custome for about 43k players, but feel a bit slow. yours is 275k, huge, massive numbers, suggest only core i7, ram 8Gb can do it :)

Yeah same here, I'm running an overclocked dual core running at 3.6 and I'm hesitant to load even more than 50000.

It might run lightning fast in the beginning, but past FM experience tells me that playing for more than 8-10 seasons it slows down. Its more than enough anyway, plenty to choose from, and my squad could only fit 24 lol.

Yeah same here, I'm running an overclocked dual core running at 3.6 and I'm hesitant to load even more than 50000.

It might run lightning fast in the beginning, but past FM experience tells me that playing for more than 8-10 seasons it slows down. Its more than enough anyway, plenty to choose from, and my squad could only fit 24 lol.

guess i hear all ya...it just sux how all of these players and a real simulation is avaliable but you just need a pretty sick processor to make use of it...:(

Two hundred and seventy-five thousand players loaded. Good grief :D

I load 25,000 and get half a star for game speed. If I tried to load that many I think my laptop would just switch itself off before it even tried.

If you like a game with plenty of players, you should perhaps load players from one big nation in each continent. That would add diversity.

Two hundred and seventy-five thousand players loaded. Good grief :D

I load 25,000 and get half a star for game speed. If I tried to load that many I think my laptop would just switch itself off before it even tried.

If you like a game with plenty of players, you should perhaps load players from one big nation in each continent. That would add diversity.

i loaded only 10k players, got no star for game speed :)

wot ur specs?

i loaded only 10k players, got no star for game speed :)

wot ur specs?

Not great:

Vista 32-Bit

Intel dual core (of some sort) @ 1.86GHz

1Gb RAM

256Mb Integrated graphics

All my drivers, 3D accelerator, pixel-shaders and what-not are up to date.

Game runs fine, although I've deactivated 3D cameras because it's a bit jittery.

Not great:

Vista 32-Bit

Intel dual core (of some sort) @ 1.86GHz

1Gb RAM

256Mb Integrated graphics

All my drivers, 3D accelerator, pixel-shaders and what-not are up to date.

Game runs fine, although I've deactivated 3D cameras because it's a bit jittery.

has anyone tried the game with the i core 7 processor...??? and if so, any spped feedback?

Your systems specs are not high end, I have a Quad Core processor and running with 95,000 players my star rating drops to 2 stars and the game is perfect, but I would not dream of having any more running as it would be stupid. I'm sure to be honest 50,000 players would be more than enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Because of my job i am able to check like 10 or more laptops every day , event latest technology ones are somewhat slow and this is because users load too many programs on start up.

So before complaint about anything and have XP click "start" then "run", type "msconfig" , go to start up, untick all programs you don't need , or all of them and reboot , your PC will be faster , games will be faster and your idea of the developers will improve.

Here is the procedure in vista

http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/msconfig_vista.html

Archived