What TCP ports needs to be open for net play

As the title say, I need to know what TCP ports is needed to be open before netplay is working. By netplay I mean via Internet. Locally it is working fine.

- So what ports is needed to be open for the host?

- What ports should the client have open?

As the title say, I need to know what TCP ports is needed to be open before netplay is working. By netplay I mean via Internet. Locally it is working fine.

- So what ports is needed to be open for the host?

- What ports should the client have open?

Having the same problem, can anyone help ?

I'm afraid I don't know the answer cold; I used to but haven't played online in a while. Intuitively I'm thinking it was either the low 5000 range or the low 10000 range.

If your firewall logs activity which gets blocked, that'll be the quickest way to find out.

I'm going to leave this thread open because GD is getting much more volume of traffic than any other forum, so you're most likely to get a timely response here ... but we're also getting so much volume that you're going to get pushed off the first page in an hour or two.

You might try checking out the FM Online forum, which is a community dedicated to playing FM networked over the internet and LAN parties, etc.. (So, not FM Live) .. there is probably a sticky or FAQ in that forum which answers your question. If not, you might try cross-posting your question to that forum.

Still not working? Sorry, mate - if I recall, the only trouble I had was opening the ports, but that was back in FM'07 or so.

I'd say have a read of those threads, maybe you'll spot something else in them that you need to do.

If not, post at the end of the FM Online "Help" thread, and ask there - give as much info as you can including any error message you're getting, etc. You might also ask if there has been any change to the ports required in FM'10.

.. is anything needed on client side?

Oh, re-reading that made me wonder - and I apologize if you're a network game veteran and this question is like teaching my gramma to suck eggs .. (Honestly, I've never seen my gramma suck eggs; what's that phrase all about?..)

You did open those ports on the networks for both the server and the client, right?

And you're sure you don't have multiple firewalls set up? For example, when I was doing it, I had "Windows Firewall" working on my computer, and had to open the ports there, but I also had a firewall on my wireless router, and I had to open the ports there as well.

Archived