Having trouble installing patch v 10.1.0

Im attempting to download patch v 10.1.0

i click on the link in the thread and go to the FM site

I then click on Download latest patch (PC)

It then asks if i want to save this file or find a program online to open it.

when i save it to my desktop a little icon appears that says FM2010_v10.1 but when i click on it a box appears asking if i want to open or save. When i press open it just flashes and nothing happens, i then have to cancel it. Save just takes me throught the same process as above.

When i select find it im taken to a windows file association website.

Normally I just download it and run it and it installs onto my game, anybody know what im doing wrong?

cheers

I'm having the same problem. Can someone pls help.

try adding .exe to the end of the patch file name. If that doesn't help re download it but add .exe to the end of the file name BEFORE you download and also change file type to "all files" when it asks where you want to save it to.

cheers for the quick reply there danbad!

i got it to unzip and it updated 817 items i think, but i don't think it has actually applied itself, because when i started a game after the patch, in my first match, my player was waiting ages to get the ball for a throw in (this is something that has been fixed).

and so after the match, i looked for stephen carr and he was nowhere to be seen!!!

yeah, its still down as 10.0 with match engine 806...

i've turned it off and started a fresh game but no joy..

funny thing (and probably unrelated) is that when i first started up a game, it said my system was at 3 stars, but next time it was 4.5!!

anyway, still at version 10.0.0

ignore the stars, apparently they are flawed, mine were 2 stars and now they are constantly 4 and a half, i would just ignore them and load up what your pc can handle.

On the patch, i would try downloading it again and trying again, where did you download it from?

i've just done that today and its still made no difference...

i went into the editor and stephen carr is in there now so i know that something is happening - it is just that when i start a new game, the version is still 10.0.0, match engine still 806, and stephen carr is not playing for birmingham...

is it anything to do with where i put the patch (just before it extracts)? i have looked for it, but can't find it, and don't really know how to find it!!!

like i say, it has to be there because stephen carr is in the editor, but i can't get it to apply to the game!!

cheers for any suggestions..

Guys ive had the same problem as everyone as explained above. I got mine working by taking out the Football Manager pc dvd out of the Disk drive before running the patch. It completed the update and now shows the version as v.10.1.0 .Hope this works for everyone !!

Archived