Is it cheating if I read through the good player/team guy section?

Is it really cheating?

I am reading through a few of the club threads (mostly the introductions), just picking up knowledge on players at the club etc. I also from time to time will look through the rest of the thread to see who other people have signed

would you consider that cheating, or would you consider it a type of scouting on my part?

Just interested to know as I want to make this fm10 a proper management experience, no genie scouts, no downloading tactics etc, all my own work

Is it really cheating?

I am reading through a few of the club threads (mostly the introductions), just picking up knowledge on players at the club etc. I also from time to time will look through the rest of the thread to see who other people have signed

would you consider that cheating, or would you consider it a type of scouting on my part?

Just interested to know as I want to make this fm10 a proper management experience, no genie scouts, no downloading tactics etc, all my own work

If you ask this question, then you are most probably cheating. The LLM forums clearly state that if you look for a few good players in the thread, it is cheating. Scouting the players yourself is the proper management experience!

If you ask this question, then you are most probably cheating. The LLM forums clearly state that if you look for a few good players in the thread, it is cheating. Scouting the players yourself is the proper management experience!

That would only apply if he is playing by the LLM rules/guidelines, and by the fact he mentioned he is reading the GPTG he obviously isn't.

I wouldn't consider it to be cheating. Its like a manager reading World Soccer or Four-Four Two and deciding to have a look at a player from that. Of course though if you do use the good players guide don't come on here later complaining that the game is too easy...

I wouldn't consider it to be cheating. Its like a manager reading World Soccer or Four-Four Two and deciding to have a look at a player from that. Of course though if you do use the good players guide don't come on here later complaining that the game is too easy...

It is slightly different though, as the GPTG may well tell you exactly what a player is like in the future, which a magazine cannot do.

Off course this is cheating.

Knowing for sure that player X from China is going to be a class act in 5 years and signing him on a free contract with Hyde United, is using hidden game information.

How is using hidden game information not cheating?

It's like a cheatcode giving you 500 health points more to kill that end-level super-trooper-monster.

But hey, you paid for the game; play it as you like/want to :thup:

Archived