Cant Install The Game!

So i put the game in the DVD drive, no autorun happens which I thought was a bit odd, I go into the disk drive and try both autorun and the setup, which I ran as an administrator. So I try both of these things, I get a millisecond flash, then nothing happens after that.

Whats going on?

I cant use Steam, as my uni have blocked Steam in Online mode.

Ive now managed to install the game, well I thought I had but it appears nothing has happened.

I installed through the links - DVD Drive (F) - Disk1 - InstData - Windows - VM, then used the setup. That worked and it went through the installation process. I got all green ticks down the left hand side and all appeared fine. It said the installation was complete but with a few errors, I was worried but this has happened before and games still work fine normally. However, with FM10, it just appears as though nothing has installed. My 'All programs' tab is Orange, indicating that something new has been installed, yet when i look through there is nothing there, just the demo.

What the f*ck?

just happend to me....i went onto steam to download here is a link to help you gl http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=74469

Bought the game today, got home, put the disc in laptop.....NOTHING.....nothing but the odd flash and then....NOTHING.

Disc drive doesnt even recognise a disc even in there!

You say download from steam....well it says you have to puchase it!?!? Iv just paid £30 already.

What do i need to do?

Anyone?

Thanks

Bought the game today, got home, put the disc in laptop.....NOTHING.....nothing but the odd flash and then....NOTHING.

Disc drive doesnt even recognise a disc even in there!

You say download from steam....well it says you have to puchase it!?!? Iv just paid £30 already.

What do i need to do?

Anyone?

Thanks

wait in pain with me, knowing nothing is being done.. as it was same issue with demo..

Cheers mate. :thup:

Did that work for you?

If so, can other people having this problem try installing from where Steboy said?

F:\Disk1\InstData\Windows\VM\setup.exe should be the right place, I think. Then if that completes successfully, you may need to launch fm from the fm.exe in the FM2010 directory.

Have tried what I did after I had the same problem?

This worked for me:

I installed through the links - DVD Drive (F) - Disk1 - InstData - Windows - VM, then used the setup.

How do i do that when my drive doesnt even think there is a disc in it?

SI once again frustrate me....

I never had this problem with demo as i used steam....knew i should of went for the download option.

Did that work for you?

If so, can other people having this problem try installing from where Steboy said?

F:\Disk1\InstData\Windows\VM\setup.exe should be the right place, I think. Then if that completes successfully, you may need to launch fm from the fm.exe in the FM2010 directory.

it doesnt work.. its just installer , instead of shortcut to installer, it starts.. installanywhere loads to 100% and ends there.. nothing after it.. was exactly same for demo..

yes i have every possible update, yes im pretty good with computers.. and i never had any problems with game installation ever.. all my drivers are up to date.. so is java. and every other small thing..

im using vista ultimate 64 bit. . i can run as administrator.. even tho i am already.. same.. i change to windows xp (sp2) as thats only xp you get in vista, .. nothing..

i use both xp + administrator at once.. same again.. loads to 100% and dies

I can't help you with the installer getting stuck at 100% and I know you said you don't want Steam but it may be the best way to get the game playing :thup:

I know it's not ideal but short of someone coming up with a solution, Steam + game is better then no Steam + no game.

it doesnt work.. its just installer , instead of shortcut to installer, it starts.. installanywhere loads to 100% and ends there.. nothing after it.. was exactly same for demo..

yes i have every possible update, yes im pretty good with computers.. and i never had any problems with game installation ever.. all my drivers are up to date.. so is java. and every other small thing..

im using vista ultimate 64 bit. . i can run as administrator.. even tho i am already.. same.. i change to windows xp (sp2) as thats only xp you get in vista, .. nothing..

i use both xp + administrator at once.. same again.. loads to 100% and dies

I cant even get that far and i too consider myself to know a bit about computers.

Do i need to go to accessories----run-----F:\Disk1\InstData\Windows\VM\setup.exe but instead of F: i should put in E: as that is what my dvd drive is?

Still nothing it just says please insert disc......HELP

I can't help you with the installer getting stuck at 100% and I know you said you don't want Steam but it may be the best way to get the game playing :thup:

I know it's not ideal but short of someone coming up with a solution, Steam + game is better then no Steam + no game.

So that means paying twice then?

How do i do that when my drive doesnt even think there is a disc in it?

SI once again frustrate me....

I never had this problem with demo as i used steam....knew i should of went for the download option.

mate I have the same problem! im talking to some **** from dell who said I need a new dvd drive! if you find how to fix this please tell me. Ill do the same for you.

mate I have the same problem! im talking to some **** from dell who said I need a new dvd drive! if you find how to fix this please tell me. Ill do the same for you.

I dont think its anything to do with the disc drive mate as there is a few of us in the same boat...i think its something to do with the disc or installation files.

Anyone from SI about to shed some light on this?

Did that work for you?

Yes its working fine for me, patched and added a ddt file and all is in perfect working order. :thup:

managed to install after creating new user for windows.. tho every time it said that it encountered problems while installing ,

it never actually attempted to install dx but second time i went without dx, and still said mumbo jumbo about errors..

so can anyone confirm installed game size

size 1.96 (2.108) gb

size on disk 1.97 (2.118)gb

Thanks for getting back to me :thup:

And yes, the F: part should be whatever drive your FM disc is in.

Neji i appreciate your trying to help but my disc drive doesnt even recognise a disk in the drive.

Tried typing.....E:\Disk1\InstData\Windows\VM\setup.exe in run but once again it says 'please insert disc'.

Archived