transition from demo to full game

I just have a quick question about the transition from demo to full game.

If memory serves me correctly, when you start a new game with the full game, some things are different then when you started a game on the demo. these are only minor things now, like for example, player x is on the transfer list on the demo but when you start playing the full game he isnt on the transfer list.

Does the demo work off an older database or anything?

The reason im asking is im going to start a new game when i get the full game and i had lined up a couple of players who are on the transfer list on the demo but remembered there can be differences.

I just have a quick question about the transition from demo to full game.

If memory serves me correctly, when you start a new game with the full game, some things are different then when you started a game on the demo. these are only minor things now, like for example, player x is on the transfer list on the demo but when you start playing the full game he isnt on the transfer list.

Does the demo work off an older database or anything?

The reason im asking is im going to start a new game when i get the full game and i had lined up a couple of players who are on the transfer list on the demo but remembered there can be differences.

Good question. I would think that the majority of the transfer list will change but i wouldnt take my work fot it, iam also hoping some ratings will differ in the full game compared to the demo because some players are very underated.

Good question. I would think that the majority of the transfer list will change but i wouldnt take my work fot it, iam also hoping some ratings will differ in the full game compared to the demo because some players are very underated.

eg vermaelen grrr

The demo and the full game use the same database, the only difference is that on the full game you can create your own game and use a larger database (the demo uses small database size) so you'll get more players.

Plus, because every time you run the demo it uses a quickstart file, then every time the game will be the same with the same players transfer listed / shortlisted. The quickstart is effectively just a save game file. On the full game, you'll be able to create your own game from scratch which although it uses the same database, the AI may decide to transfer list or shortlist different players.

I was doubting myself though that there was previously differences between the demo and full game.

In particular i was seriously eyeing up van der vaart to bolster my midfield but i'd be 99% certain he won't be on the transfer list in the full game :(

I was doubting myself though that there was previously differences between the demo and full game.

In particular i was seriously eyeing up van der vaart to bolster my midfield but i'd be 99% certain he won't be on the transfer list in the full game :(

The code's "locked down" a good few weeks before release, and the demo uses this code.

However if the AI has decided to transfer list Van Der Vaart when the game was initialised but before it was saved to create a quickstart file, then it's possible that this situation will change when you start your own game. On the other side, if him being transfer listed is a decision of the researcher of his club then you'll see it on the full game too.

That's the long answer. The short answer is "wait and see". :D

iam also hoping some ratings will differ in the full game compared to the demo because some players are very underated.

Won't happen.

The earliest for any changes like that will be January, when there's normally a patch released with updated data.

If you think anyone's underrated at the moment, your best bet is to use the editor before you start a game to put their attributes to where you think they should be. In the meantime, log your thoughts in the data forum and if you present a convincing argument and the researcher agrees with you then they might look to change things in January.

i got him on loan for arsenal. made a nice backup to fab lol

Archived