Processor Usage

Anyone know why, on the opening screen where it shows my processor usage, sometimes my usage is at virtually 0% when the game starts up and other times it's right up at 100%?

I don't have other programmes running so it's not a case of other programmes using CPU power, when I check on task manager all the usage is going into FM, but why is it using so much more power one day to the next? This is when the programme is just starting up so it's not like it's processing a load of matches.

I have a dual core 3 ghz pc so I'm not exactly short of processing power.

Anyone have any knwoledge why this is?

This happens on the Mac too. My MacBook Pro's fans run almost constantly when the game is on. The only application worse for them is anything using Silverlight. It'd be pretty cool if there was a way to throttle the CPU usage so the fans didn't come on.

I have noticed this as well, sometimes the usage is massive other times it is nothing, I think it is to do with Vista's behind the screens processing, I have Dual core and sometimes it is funny cause one has 0 and the other is running at 100 :p

The game is very processor intensive. It's got to crunch a lot of numbers. Any SI-ers willing to confirm what the CPU loads were like during peak times on their testing machines?

Archived