Demo Resolution Help Needed Desperately! I Set it too big by mistake!

On the demo I accidentally made the resolution the highest and when I load up the Demo I can only see a tiny section of the main menu. I cannot see the start game or settings buttons so I am stuck on this resolution. I've tried uninstalling, redownloading and changing my computers (mac) resolution but I still only see a small proportion of the main menu.

Any help?

this way i cannot play the demo!

• SI Staff

You should be able to find your settings in Library > Preferences > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 and delete the contents of that folder to revert to default

• SI Staff

Close the game and delete the 'Sports Interactive' folders in the following locations:

User > Library > Caches

&

User > Library > Preferences

The game will then be in full screen mode when you next start up and you can switch to the default window size and resize from there :)

Well I'm a PC user, not a Mac user, so I'm guessing a bit here, but can you not use a shortcut to get to the preferences screen? On PC it's shift + P, so on Mac that would probably be command + P?

I don't suppose you're using FM on Steam, are you? I don't know anything about Steam for Mac, but Steam console has the ability to define a resolution for games when they are started up...

Edit: Forget the bit about Steam. Apparently it needs a Windows emulator running, which is unlikely here.

Total stab in the dark here, but you could try "pouttu"'s suggestion in his third comment (the big one), about 2/3 down the page.

http://forums.macrumors.com/archive/index.php/t-541232.html

I have no idea if this will work, but since it's about making the OS tell the program how to act and not directly handling FM I reckon it should be a good attempt at least.

Archived