Buying on release

Will you be buying on release?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying on release?

• Yes
    • No, i will wait for a patch/patches to be released
    • No, but not for reasons related to any problems the game has on release

I know a lot of people will be in less than a months time, but i never have bought Football Manager on its actual release. Typically FM usually has a few patches in my experience to fix any problems, big or small, that there may be. As i said in another thread, i've lost my product key for 09, and my old computer (i've since bought a new one recently) couldn't run the 3-D mode, so never got a chance to experience 09's main feature. I am definitely anticipating FM10 as much as anyone - but is it worthwhile waiting?

I would like to buy the game as soon as possible; but at the same time, i'm hesitant about buying a game which may be unplayable until their are patches out, as per some things written about 09 last year. So from peoples experiences, is it worth buying on release?

I'm sure there will be plenty of people who have already pre-ordered the game. Likewise there will be others who will wait. Based on experience, i'd like to know which people think is best?

Play a short-term game on release just to get used to the new interface and features, but don't get invested in a long-term career game until after at least the first patch.

Me too. :thup: Even though I think it won't be buggy, because as I said in some of my recent posts; I have a lot of faith in that polishing. So I might be starting a long-term one from on 30th.

Archived