Changing Pitch Size

I'm playing as Tonbridge Angels and I'm in the Blue Square Premier in 2012. For the best few years i've tried short passing with all my tactics, so i've used a short pitch, but this hasn't worked for a year or two so i want to play a direct passing game. The only problem is that i've forgot about this when asked about changing the pitch size, so i just left it at its current short size. I realised this a day after i was asked the question, so is there any way of changing the pitch size after being asked??

Unfortunately I beleive you are stuck with this pitch for the entire season, as I too have had a similar problem. I liked a large pitch to play a direct counter attacking style, but unwittingly selected a small narrow pitch thinking it was only for preseason friendlies, as i wished to experiment. I was quite perterbed when I realised I was stuck with it.

Unfortunately I beleive you are stuck with this pitch for the entire season, as I too have had a similar problem. I liked a large pitch to play a direct counter attacking style, but unwittingly selected a small narrow pitch thinking it was only for preseason friendlies, as i wished to experiment. I was quite perterbed when I realised I was stuck with it.

I think you should be allowed to change your pitch dimensions as and when you want. I remember last year Arsene Wenger getting his knickers in a knot when the team they were due to play(either Bolton or Blackburn but cant remember exactly) changed their pitch so Arsenal couldn't use their players as effectively. So unless Arsenals opponants got into trouble for this and rules were introduced\changed then this should be in FM.

• 2 months later...

If I'm told that my pitch is narrow, why am I not given the option of widening it without having to lengthen it? Why do the only options given regarding the width of the pitch also involve the length? Why? What is the logic? What is the point of giving you the option of changing pitch sizes if you have such pointlessly limited options?

If I'm told that my pitch is narrow, why am I not given the option of widening it without having to lengthen it? Why do the only options given regarding the width of the pitch also involve the length? Why? What is the logic? What is the point of giving you the option of changing pitch sizes if you have such pointlessly limited options?

I agree with this, there are not enough options. For example default team pitch sizes disappear if I cahnge them, that's no fun. Even if it were only aesthetic I'd like to be able to have wider range of pitch size options.

Have to agree with this.

Although I agree, I would guess the reason may have something to do with the whole coding of the game. Maybe the game can only cope with certain pitch sizes at the minute and the options we get are those sizes.

I can only guess that giving us more options would take a lot more coding than someone like me could imagine (I'd like to think it would be just a case of adding more options!!! ;) ). I'd also guess that whatever size your pitch is has an effect on the outcome of the game, mixed in with everything else of course, tactics, morale etc etc.

The options available must be the only ones programmed in to the game at this stage and I would imagine to give us another 20-30 combinations would give the game a heck of a lot more to think about, adding changes mid season or any time you wanted surely would increase this too?

Maybe I am over complicating but that is how I see it, at least we get more of a choice then in 07 etc..so it is getting there.

Archived