Just started a new game

I started a new game last night, wanted to manage somewhere in Europe, so have set up France, Germany, Italy and Spain (top 2 divisons in each) , plus top 4 divs in England. Don't want to start in England though. How long should it take me to get offered a job abroad. Applied for the job at St Pauli (German div 2), but got turned down, nothing has happened since, and I'm into August.

Thanks

Originally posted by DIBS:

I started a new game last night, wanted to manage somewhere in Europe, so have set up France, Germany, Italy and Spain (top 2 divisons in each) , plus top 4 divs in England. Don't want to start in England though. How long should it take me to get offered a job abroad. Applied for the job at St Pauli (German div 2), but got turned down, nothing has happened since, and I'm into August.

Thanks

Well, what did you set your reputation to be at the start of the game? If you chose ex-international player, you could get a job very fast!

Originally posted by DIBS:

Ok, I'll give it a couple of months, and then if nothing happens I'll start again with a bit of reputation.

Thanks for the info guys.

But if you start with no reputation, it would be a bigger challenge. Also, you will definitely get a job within one season, so be patient! Keep me posted!

I started a game like this, I didnt load up enough divisions to get offered a job, as my reputation was too low. If you want to maintain realsim, keep your reputation low and start with more leagues outside Europe. Or, alternatively if you want a better job, knock your reputation up a few notches.

You could always set yourself an unrealistic reputation but treat the game realistically i.e. set yourself as an International Manager, but don't make the jump from BSQ to Prem in 2 seasons. I did that with FC Bayern, i'd set myself a high rep and loads of clubs came in for me within the first couple of seasons, but I didn't move until I thought I had earnt my stripes and even then left for a mid table Spurs side.

Archived