FM Manager Suggestions (Squad Numbering/Loans)

I have noticed whan choosing numbers for my team that you can only choose from 1-25 I know the reason being that you can only have 25 registered players but for players such as Ronaldo(99) and Ronaldinho(80) who prefer high numbers why not assign numbers 1-99 to all your players at the end of a transfer window and at the begining of the season and then registering your 25 or less player via a tick box?

Also i have noticed that there are not many players who have a prefered numnber and I know that many players want a specific number and not only player who want the number 10... Maybe doing more research for when you have two players who prefer the number 10 and have an alternate number so there are clashes over numbering?

Another idea is the loan-back clause...

This is used mostly when big clubs purchase young and up-and-comming stars who aren't ready for the "big-time" so they loan them back to their original club for a season or two...

This would increase the reality of the constantly changing world of football and make our lives easier..

On the subject of Loans - why not add clauses to the loan deal like in the example of Zaki at Wigan where Wigan would pay a certain amount of money to Zamalek for each goal scored or appearance... Not only like the above that it would edge the game towards reality but also help those small clubs with their finance...

Also loan-part-exchanges where teams swap players on loan...

Just thought I would give my input....

10R

Which league are you managing in? When I've been managing in La Liga I've found this (the 1-25 number restriction) but then that's how it seems to work in La Liga. Conversely, when playing in the Premier League I've had the option of assigning numbers as high as 80, or maybe 99, if memory serves. Certainly I could assign numbers past 60.

Which league are you managing in? When I've been managing in La Liga I've found this (the 1-25 number restriction) but then that's how it seems to work in La Liga. Conversely, when playing in the Premier League I've had the option of assigning numbers as high as 80, or maybe 99, if memory serves. Certainly I could assign numbers past 60.

Yes i am manageing in Spain: Barcelona...

I think La Liga enforces the 1-25 rule. Go to another country and you shouldn't have the same problem.

The loan exchange would be interesting, I agree, though I'm not sure it happens enough to justify its inclusion. I'd rather see the ability to loan a player in part-exchange for a player bought, a la how Man Utd sent Frazier Campbell to Spurs as part of the Berbatov deal.

Archived