One thing I'd love to see

I just had my 16 year old youth team striker come on in the third round of the league cup and score the winner. He came through my youth academy and it was his debut. I was over the moon as he scored a simple tap in but recorded a 7.0 in his 45 mins on the the pitch. Fair to say I was delighted and irl i would expect the media to be going crazy with snapshots of "wonderkid scored winner in first 45 mins of first team football, while he shines in the youth leagues", I go on to hit the continue button... nothing other than promising striker hits winner.

A few weeks ealier my £7.5 million Italian signing, just 18years old plays in his first ever champion league match and records a 9.5 and scored 4 goals once again no media frenzy over this kid.

What I would really like to see is the media to hype up young players, whether they have potential or not, when they go on to have a stormer of a match or a good run of form or hit the winner on their debut.

Remember when Macheda went on his goalscoring run, the media went crazy for him. Jack Wilshere in a friendly against Rangers the media went crazy and were just sitting and waiting for him to be called up to the England squad, Walcott etc... I would love for this sort of hype for youngsters to be generated, it could then effect them mentally to see how they cope and affect their development and form, and would enhance your ability to try and keep their feet on the ground.

Macheda is the perfect example for this as you mentioned. It happens in real life so why not in a sim.

If you pay 7.5 for an 18 year old i guess your playing a pretty high level. which is about right it probably would need to only be in the top level.

ive seen many suggestions for FM10 which range from choosing players diets and hotels to changing layouts and tactics, but this is one of the few ideas that i would actually like to see and would add realism.

in fact players' personalities could determine how they react to the hype, whether they are spurred on or hindered by weight of expectation.

good idea m8 :thup:

ive seen many suggestions for FM10 which range from choosing players diets and hotels to changing layouts and tactics, but this is one of the few ideas that i would actually like to see and would add realism.

in fact players' personalities could determine how they react to the hype, whether they are spurred on or hindered by weight of expectation.

good idea m8 :thup:

lol @ diets and hotels. That's comedy gold.

Archived