Short opponent instructions suggestion

It just comes to my mind as I set my oppo instructions.

My most commonly used instructions, if I use them, are:

- closing-down always

- tackle hard

- show to weaker foot

I would expect that most people use those the most out of the respective drop-downs.

Yet, these very instructions are the bottom ones in each drop-down menu. Why not change them to be the first ones. It would be easier to access them with the mouse scroller wheel and thus be easier and quicker.

Just a tiny change, but it would save many people a bit of time. :)

Thoughts?

Perhaps an ability to save a set as a default option. I use the same tactics for each game (closing down/weaker foot for strikers, closing down/weaker foot/tackle hard for mids and closing down/tackle hard for defenders) and if I could have that automatically load each game would be great.

I can't believe people use the same OP for every game.

Personally I never use closing down as it seems to interfere with your own team/player instructions.

I never use weaker foot, I either pick a specific foot or none at all. What happens if a player has fairly stong/strong foot ability? you are showing him onto a fairly strong foot and allowing him to use it. With wingers/fullbacks it depends more on if you want to force them wide or show them infield.

As for tackling I use hard against weaker, timid opposition players but not against aggressive, strong, brave opposition as this could see your own players becoming scared or even worse getting injured. I also never use hard tackling against opposition defenders as some strikers with low tackling ability can easily pick up cards or injuries.

I don't use these always. Obviously it depends on the specific opposition.

But IF I use them, the ones I named are the most common and I expect that to be true for most users. Thus it would be user friendly, not having to go to the bottom of each menu every time when setting the OI. You could just access them with a tiny turn on the scroller wheel (or at least save a bit of mouse movement every time if you don't use/have a wheeel).

Archived