how do i loan out top talent

Its hard. The better the player is the less likely it is someone would like to loan him. I always have 10 players left in my reserve that no one wants to loan. English players are easy to loan while foreign players are a pain in the ass. Its especially annoying since players that are not from the EU need first team games to be eligible for a work permit.

What i usually do is offer everyone that is not in my first 22 for loan. Those that are left i try to send to my feeders. Younger players to my L1 feeders and older to my championship feeder. Also send them to a foreign feeder club especially if they play in europe. You will be stuck with way too many players in your reserve team so just set a dozen friendlies with a u18 squad just so most of them get at least some reserve team action. During the winter period i try to send them on loan again and a few of them get picked up. If a club offers to loan a player with a buy out clause just remove the clause and 90% of the time they will still loan the player.

Thats pretty much all you can do. Hopefully FM10 will improve the transfer system. Clubs should be fighting for those players not ignore them.

Archived