First Post, need help, clueless away from home.

Hi, first ever post.

I bought this game when it came out but the unrealistic amount of injurys made it to frustrating so I didn't bother playing for long, but my PS3 died about 2 weeks ago so I though I would give it another go.

Downloaded new patch and I was so glad they made the injurys more normal, but I noticed another problem, no matter what I do I can't get a win away from home. 100% home win record but not 1 away win. It's as if my players are all suffering from travel sickness, they can't pass, concede almost every shot, constantly give away penalities and seem to forgot where the net is after the 5 they scored in the previous home game.

I can have 15 more shots and 60% more possesion it won't matter I will still lose. I do expect it to be harder away from home but this is abit much.

I always keep the same tactics because I was led to believe changing them around every game is not good because they need to get use to it. If it works at home it should at least work once or twice away, it is still 11 v 11.

Really frustrated, any help would be very appreciated.

Hi, first ever post.

I always keep the same tactics because I was led to believe changing them around every game is not good because they need to get use to it.

This is a big misconseption with fm. Changing your formation disrupts the teams gelling, however adjusting your tactical instructions, ie; width, tempo etc can be very beneficial and is necessary in pretty much every game to counter what your opponents are doing tactically.

I'd recommend you head to the tactics and training tips forum and/or the good player and team guide forum for some very helpful threads on how to get the best out of fm's tactical interface etc.

Also, welcome to the forums btw:thup:

Archived