Money, big enough part of the game?

with some of the clubs, ranging from the grass roots level and the biggest teams in the world, being in debt. and also the big amounts that have recently been spent on players, do you think it should play a bigger part in the game?

i played a few games with clubs that are in debt, but i have never felt like it has affected the way i played the game enough. you never feel in danger of going into administration, still able to sign players with relative ease and never really feel involved enough with the finances of the club.

i know as a football manager you dont wanna decide everything financial wise (i dont want to control tickets prices lol) but you should be asked questions in the media about money, and have more interaction with the chairman.

look forward to your opinions?

thanks/:p

I've never played an FM game and been in a situation where I can get the club into financial trouble. I've certainly pushed the boat out on wages and transfers a few times, but it just never seems to matter... most of the time it feels far too easy to start bringing the money in, especially at the top clubs.

It would certainly be nice to see it revamped though, I just have my doubts over where it would be considered a suitable aspect to be rebuilt - it's just not as marketable as other additions like team talks, 3D, interviews etc.

It'd certainly take the fun out of playing in the lower leagues if a more realistic financial model was implemented. IRL a lot of clubs have to sell their talent in order to survive and pay the bills, if that happened inFM there'd be some unhappy players. Dafuge's challenger would be a lot harder for starters ;)

Archived