Transfer clause help?

I sold gallas to olympique lyonnais for 10 million so as to purchase chiellini so I only have 10 million in my transfer budget and to get chiellini, I offered 10 million up front and 7.5 over 24 months they accepted but it ended up saying that we did not have enough funds? what should I do?

Ok what you have to do is offer 17.5m over 24 months, because what happens with the 24 months thing is you pay half of it immediately(around 8.6m in 17.5m case) and then the board pays half of it later on, which means you only pay 50 percent of it overall which is under 10m budjet.

Ok what you have to do is offer 17.5m over 24 months, because what happens with the 24 months thing is you pay half of it immediately(around 8.6m in 17.5m case) and then the board pays half of it later on, which means you only pay 50 percent of it overall which is under 10m budjet.

I am fairly sure it doesn't work like this. If you go to the finances screen and click the transfers tab if you have bought a player over 24 months you will see the details. Judging by this, a fee is payed every month over the 24 months eg £50k month for 24 months.

Of course despite me disagreeing with bluebirds about how the monthly fees work if you bid the 17.5million over 24 months it will go through sportsman, although a slight problem is the selling club (I assume Juve) may ask for more money if you insist on paying over 24 months.

I agree with Matthew2, it's taken out of your account for 24 months sometime each month. However, it does go through because while Bluebirds was wrong about when the money is taken out, he is right about how much is taken out. since if you pay over 24 months, after 12 months you will have paid half of it, so only that much is removed from your transfer budget this year.

It does make for annoying messages every few weeks about how you have gone into a record transfer spend this year tho :p

Archived