Going into a match TV view comes up before overveiw

How can I change it so that when i start a new game, overview is the thing that comes up after opposition instructions. I dont want to have 2D match view or 3D match view and i have no replays and i just want to see the overview at the start of the game. I have checked through preferences and haven't found anything :/ anyone know of anything to help?

When you first enter a match (I think its pre team talk) you should notice the three options at the bottom - play match in, highlights etc. You can switch this to Classic Mode and it starts in the overview. Obviously if you have set it to show replays etc then it'll swap but if you do this once then it will remember the next game you play (it only doesn't remember if you make the change after the game has started!)

Just switch to overview straight away as the match starts. It doesn't make that much of a difference having the first second of a match on t.v mode.

But on my game before it was fine and the TV mode didnt come up first, overview did :(

When you first enter a match (I think its pre team talk) you should notice the three options at the bottom - play match in, highlights etc. You can switch this to Classic Mode and it starts in the overview. Obviously if you have set it to show replays etc then it'll swap but if you do this once then it will remember the next game you play (it only doesn't remember if you make the change after the game has started!)

Woo, thanks i feel like an idiot now :p doh

• 2 months later...

Hi, I am also having problems with this.

Instead of always starting with TV mode showing, I would like to have overview, as I am running the game with Commentary only.

I have those options you mentioned set to Classic View, and highlights to Commentary only, I have set this before the team talk screen, yet still the game starts in TV Mode.

Any other ideas anyone.

Thanks

David

There is a known issue around this that I raised in the bugs forum a while ago. It has been acknowledged by the QA team and will hopefully be sorted for '09.

If you don't use opposition instructions you'll find you don't have the problem.

Thanks for reply, what do you mean by tha above quote, can Opp instructions be turned off, then this problem will not occur?

Archived