Quick Question - Help Please

Just wondering if anybody can help me!!

The question I have is regarding positional ability.

If a midfielder (for example) shows under his positions that he doesn't play as a DMC or AMC can he still play there?

What happens about training?

Should he only play in the positions that he is Natural or Competent in:confused:

Everyone can play anywhere, but there is no doubt that they will perform better if they are natural, accomplished or competent

Cheers for the prompt reply FrazT.

Just to follow on what you said I have an MC in my team who has fantastic stats for a DMC but is "awkward" in that position.

Would you play him?

Just to follow on what you said I have an MC in my team who has fantastic stats for a DMC but is "awkward" in that position.

Would you play him?

I would play him in that position and train him in that position - if your intention is that he plays in that position. The combination of training and playng minutes will mean he will gain competence in that position quickly. He may even go to "Natural" at DMC.

Not unless you are short in that department. The game rating is calculated by looking at the attributes that it deems to be critical for that position- it the game thinks he will be awkward, then his attributes for that position are not good enough according to the game.

Not unless you are short in that department. The game rating is calculated by looking at the attributes that it deems to be critical for that position- it the game thinks he will be awkward, then his attributes for that position are not good enough according to the game.

This isn't what I thought - I though that the position rating (accomplished/ awkward etc) was how well they understood and could therefore play that position, independant of their attributes.

i.e. A quick striker who is good on the ball and quick might have the stats to be a great AMR, but can still be awkard in that position, and wont be able to use the most of his ability until he has leant it.

I would imagine that attributes deemed to be critical for MC, DMC and AMC aren't that different though. Besides, the OP stated that his MC has fantastic stats for playing DMC already.

He may thought he had great attributes ( and he may well be right ) but the game didnt think so and that was the point I was making.

The fact that a player can be natural as a MC and be only competent as an AMC, for example, has been raised as an issue many times

Would you play him?

I would play him there on rotation with another dmc while retraining him as a dmc at same time??

Archived