Man Utd Have Won the Carling Cup!?!?!?!?!

I'm playing as Everton and i am in 2013 and playing in my 3rd Carling Cup final in a row against man utd, the other 2 i lost, last year i lost to man utd also. So heres how the game goes...

I go 2-0 up after about 75 mins, so i take a couple of players off and go to a defensive tactic. unfortunately, this doesn't work, and man utd score 2 late goals to level 2-2. In extra time, patrice evra scores an own-goal so i go 3-2 up at half time in extra time. then in the second half of extra time, alberto paloschi scores to put me 4-2 up. the scores stay the same, but the last bit of commentary is "Man Utd have won the Carling Cup". i thought this was very odd, so i saved the match.

in my news, there are reports of "Everton defeat in Carling Cup final"! i looked at my results and saw that apparently i lost 4-3. according to my results, the game went as a said earlier, only after evra's own goal, rooney and fraizer campbell scored after 111 and 113 mins respectively, so man utd won 4-3.

i went back to the saved match and viewed it separately from my save and the last commentary is correct, saying i won the carling cup, but in the game it is different

why in gods name has the game done this??

Happened to me too but in my case the game crashed. The game added a goal for Forest 118 mins in. It meant that they would win the playoff final. For some reason though the game went into pens. When my team scored the first the game just froze.

Is that with the latest patch?

yeh it is with the latest patch.

just been doing a bit more investigating and viewed the match from in my save. the overview says 4-3 with goals from rooney and campbell in extra time, but wen i click to view these goals, nothing happens. however, wen i clicked to view other goals, such as vidic's 89th minute equaliser, i can do it. also, i read the minute by minute report and nothing happens after 111 and 113 minutes other than the score changing in the corner, there is no writing about the goals being scored, but there is a writeup about paloschi's 114th minute goal. i really don't understand how the game has messed up

Happened to me too but in my case the game crashed. The game added a goal for Forest 118 mins in. It meant that they would win the playoff final. For some reason though the game went into pens. When my team scored the first the game just froze.

my game is working fine. i'm obviously not going to live with it, i'm going to replay the match so i win it, but this is not the only problem i have had with this game. i posted a week or two ago about not recieving the tv revenue money, and now i've had this, so i'm wondering if i should carry on given the problems. i'm really enjoying this particular save but when stuff like this happens it amazingly annoying

my game is working fine. i'm obviously not going to live with it, i'm going to replay the match so i win it, but this is not the only problem i have had with this game. i posted a week or two ago about not recieving the tv revenue money, and now i've had this, so i'm wondering if i should carry on given the problems. i'm really enjoying this particular save but when stuff like this happens it amazingly annoying

I know what you mean man. I played that Forest game 3 times. I beat them the first time only for the game to crash when removing scout reports (I just signed good scouts so I wanted to remove all the reports by the old ones). Second time it was 1 - 1 till the problem above happened. I couldn't understand it the didn't go anywhere near the goal let alone the net. Third time I won thank god. I would've been really ****ed off had I lost out on the Final CCC spot.

It's kind of weird I've never run into any of these problems before in any FM including this one.

My game has done that. I won a (i think) Johnstones Paint Trophy game on Sudden death penalties (think it was about 8 taken)

Anyway, come out the game and it says I lost on penalties, go to the final score screen and for some reason some of my penalties were missing from it

Archived