Player Values and the like.

Anyone else think the players' values shouldn't be based on their most recent transfer?

Of course, the values drop according to performances every season but I cant help feeling Values should be based on a player's ability, rather than what the club paid for him.

Let's say i bought an average Premiership player worth say...3 million.

I paid 8 million + 2 million after league appearances.

His profile (after the transfer) will show that he is worth 10 million.

I don't think a player should be worth more just because the club paid an inflated price, I think the game should take CA/PA + reputation into account when calculating values.

Sorry if I'm not understood or if you think I'm being picky.

Thoughts?

yeh spot on ..

ronaldo isn't worth 80million .

but on the game he would show up as a value of 80 .

then drop because he's not performing to an 80 million pound standard. silly really!

Hate to drag this off topic but I would say Ronaldo is worth 80 million, think about it, you're not just getting his ability, you're getting his reputation, all his followers turning their attention to your club, an increase in shirt sales ansd various other merchandise, as well as possible increase in stadium attendance.

I do think the game takes into account, at least, the CA of a player. Especially when its already high. A player I had was worth 11.5million (bought him for 15mil). A week later I noticed his 2 of his mental stats had increased by 1. His value was now 13million. I have noticed players have things like this happen. But what wrong with a player vaule increasing or decreasing due to there performance. If a player had had a good season and another club wants to buy him, obviously you are going ot ant more money then if he had an average season or a poor season. What is stupid is the inflated asking prices for players. It is impossible to buy someone of amazing quality without paying over £90million even if they are 31 or 32.

Archived