What makes...

I just completed a simple test. I've created 4 scouts. The scouts start at Chesterfield and their job was to scout a full database of players from Holland.

1 - 20 in adaptability determination JCA JPA

2 - 20 in adaptability JCA JPA and 1 in determination

3 - 20 in determination JCA JPA and 1 in adaptability

4 - 1 for adaptability and determination and 20 for both JCA JPA

Scouts 1 & 2 came back with 251 players

Scouts 3 & 4 came back with 270 players

I'll run it again to verify the results but as it stand it seems like determination and adaptability play no part whatsoever.

This has been mentioned in another thread and I've found that the same thing happened to me. The person who started the thread hired a scout from Polland who he thought would uncover some if not most of the polish players he loaded when creating the game. He in fact didn't get a single player in the player search screen. I had the exact same thing happen to me but in my case I hired a scout from Holland, who despite having full knowledge of the dutch game, did not uncover any players from over there. I had to actually conduct a search of Holland. He came back with the same number of players as my English scout did in France.

I've just run the test again and paused it every week to see how many players they uncover on a weekly basis. The thinking behind this was to see if any of the coaches would find players faster. Turns out that they don't. All had the same -+2 the lowest being scout 1 who I would've thought would be ahead.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe that scouts (irrespective of attributes) will search for suitable players based upon your own club's reputation as well.

For example, I've had John Richards (sorry to name, but he's a good example) as scout with Man Utd and for Granada CF in Spain, scouting England both times and the mission searches turned up completely different players, both more suited to the clubs I was playing as. I think they're often likely to provide reports for players who would be interested or likely to join your club in a lot of cases.

Archived