Using all 4GB Ram for FM?

Vista will never use anywhere near 4gb of Ram no matter what you are running. You would have to be running photoshop, FM, sound editing software and video editing software all at the same time for a computer to be using even 100% of 2GB of RAM.

To see how much an application is using, right click on the taskbar and then click on 'start task manager', and then click on the processes tab to see how much processer and memory each application is running.

Vista will never use anywhere near 4gb of Ram no matter what you are running. You would have to be running photoshop, FM, sound editing software and video editing software all at the same time for a computer to be using even 100% of 2GB of RAM.

To see how much an application is using, right click on the taskbar and then click on 'start task manager', and then click on the processes tab to see how much processer and memory each application is running.

You should google comparative benchmarks between the advantages of running 4gb over 2gb in a 64bit operating system, it will change your views, at the price of ram now it's more than worth it.

You should google comparative benchmarks between the advantages of running 4gb over 2gb in a 64bit operating system, it will change your views, at the price of ram now it's more than worth it.

Totally agree,

Vista may not be the most stable OS out there but if you have the right SP and over 4 gigs of RAM, and are using an app that will utilise it, Vista x64 will make the right decisions,

Not so much in other departments though,

but i guess, with Microsoft, Beggars can't be choosers, and all that.

You misunderstand, I do use 4gb of myself in 64bit windows 7.

Still, it never uses more than 60%. And only over 50% if I have about 5 applications open at once :)

No offence but Windows 7 has serious flaws from the second your system POSTS. I hope you can sort your prob out but personally im not touching 7 for at least another year.

I worry about Vista ongoing, and with very good reason.

My problem? I don't have a problem? :D

And no, 7 doesn't have flaws, at all.

And still, the op is talking about VISTA. Vista 64 will never use 4gb of Ram all at once, caching included.

I certainly don't want to start a trade for trade but its well known in the industry that as soon as a system running 7 Posts there is a security issue that at this moment in time no-one knows how to fix.

It is still being looked at and is only at the workaround stage and nowhere near patch stage. Sorry to be the bearer and all that, but just to keep you on your toes, your firewall is only working once the Windows screen is showing,

Its a serious problem that is being hushed up until the newest patch.

Use that info as you will, im just trying to be helpful.

Apologies for being off topic.

Well I'm behind two hardware firewalls, so it doesn't bother me so much.

We'll see if your info pans out, but I don't seriously believe that the firewall built into windows isn't functioning, because I know for a fact that it blocks some programs that I want to connect to the internet!

Well I'm behind two hardware firewalls, so it doesn't bother me so much.

We'll see if your info pans out, but I don't seriously believe that the firewall built into windows isn't functioning, because I know for a fact that it blocks some programs that I want to connect to the internet!

Ok, cool. If people really arent having problems (and your firewall really should tell you straight away), then maybe i'll put it on one of my rigs.

just preaching what i have been told is all, maybe you are teaching me a lesson :thup:

Sort of getting back on topic has anyone actually had a save game that requires more that 2gb of RAM? I'm currently at January 2035 running a 19 country save & the current RAM requirement hovers from around 1 to 1.2gb.

Sort of getting back on topic has anyone actually had a save game that requires more that 2gb of RAM? I'm currently at January 2035 running a 19 country save & the current RAM requirement hovers from around 1 to 1.2gb.

Similar, depending on how long the application runs.

Archived