This player is struggling to motivate himself

I was in Mid-March on my PSG save. We were 2nd at the time and the French Coup de La Ligue aside, we were performing very well in all the competitions we competed in. Vagner Love was my top scorer and my top rated player yet for some reason the assistant manager feedback would always say "Vagner Love is struggling to motivate himself to play for you", even though under the motivation screen it said "Playing Okay" and his Morale was superb.

He did hit a rough patch in form during this period so I'm not quite sure what to think, is the Assman getting it wrong or is my player a difficult case that needs dealing with?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

* Note, I also praised his form numerous times in the press and didn't give harsh team-talks, to no avail.

It means he doesn't like you.

Probably because you keep praising him when he doesn't think he's done enough to deserve it.

The best players don't need you to continually praise them. Particularly since there are three tiers of praise you can give, and they don't like it if you use the wrong one.

Praise new signings or youngsters who are desperate to impress you, or players who have come out of a bad run of form and are playing well again. Then you'll get morale boosts and respect. (in my experience).

Archived