Tactical blunder?

I don't think this game should try to criticize the manager's tactical decisions. Messages like "the fans are questioning the managers decision to play a 4132 instead of the usual 442" (or whatever it says) are just annoying because the context is never taken into account.

I played three home games in a row starting without a defensive midfielder and avoided defeat, but when I resort to my usual 4132 for a very difficult away game where we played well but were unfortunate to lose 1-0 I get that annoying message.

I understand these things are very hard to code, but surely if it can't be done in a way which appears realistic then it shouldn't be in the game at all. It just seems like an example where the game is overreaching and trying to be too clever.

I don't think this game should try to criticize the manager's tactical decisions. Messages like "the fans are questioning the managers decision to play a 4132 instead of the usual 442" (or whatever it says) are just annoying because the context is never taken into account.

I played three home games in a row starting without a defensive midfielder and avoided defeat, but when I resort to my usual 4132 for a very difficult away game where we played well but were unfortunate to lose 1-0 I get that annoying message.

I understand these things are very hard to code, but surely if it can't be done in a way which appears realistic then it shouldn't be in the game at all. It just seems like an example where the game is overreaching and trying to be too clever.

Not sure I agree with you mate. I am a Spurs fan and we reguraly have a go at the tactical side of the Managers performance.

One thing is a stone cold certainty, while football fans breath, they will be criticise a losing team not matter the circumstances.

Maybe it's a bug? I'm sure it was fixed on the latest patch :confused:

WTF?!? I lost to one of my rival 2-1. I play 4-4-2 and went to 4-2-4 when we were losing and afterwards it says "bought team's unbeaten run to an abrupt end today with decision to gamble on a previously untested 4-2-4 formation. Following Man City's 1-2 Barclays Premier League defeat against Bolton, some pundits were openly questioning decision to change the 4-4-2 formation which had been working so successfully."

Oh this is stupid, now I get a "There seems to be no end to Manchester City's poor run of form ...., fans are starting to question their manager's tactics. Citizens boss seems reluctant to consider changing her 4-1-3-2 approach and an unwillingness to experiment could spell trouble if his team's form does not improve."

Never mind the gender confusion, I normally play 4-4-2. The 4-1-3-2 was a change!

Archived