First-team playing for Reserves

Woah.

I'm used to old FM's where the first-team don't play for the reserves if they're in the first-team. Now I'm like confused how to stop them playing for the reserves. It keeps asking me that Solsjkaer wants to know who to use, but I don't see an option. Help!

Woah.

I'm used to old FM's where the first-team don't play for the reserves if they're in the first-team. Now I'm like confused how to stop them playing for the reserves. It keeps asking me that Solsjkaer wants to know who to use, but I don't see an option. Help!

Right click on the players name and you can add a tick from the squad option "Available for Reserves"

If the AssMan is asking before a game i think that is just checking players that are in the main squad but not doing anything (not in starting 11 or subs bench)

I've done that to certain players. For example, Gibson, Fabio, Rafael, however I'm getting a message from Ole Gunnar saying pick which first team players for the reserve squad. I'm not sure what to do.

It's just a reminder. Sometimes, you might forget to select a player as available for the reserves (for instance if he's normally a first-teamer but you want him so stay fit during the international break).

If you've already selected who you want to play for the reserves, then just ignore the message.

I've just joined Siena in Italy and my second goalkeeper has the icon next to him stating that he's available to play for the reserves - when I right click on him I can't select an option to deselect him from playing for the reserves.

Could it be that he was selected previously to me being manager and I need to deselect him when my reserve team manager sends me a message about who is selected? I keep forgetting to check if that's the reason as I usually skip those messages.

I've just joined Siena in Italy and my second goalkeeper has the icon next to him stating that he's available to play for the reserves - when I right click on him I can't select an option to deselect him from playing for the reserves.

You should find this option under "Squad".

~

Basically, as well as any Reserves who will always be involved in Reserve team selections, the assistant (or whoever's in charge of the Reserves) will ask you about any first-team players that you want to play for the reserves in their next match.

One option is to make sure no first team players are eligible for the reserves and then simply ignore the message whenever it comes up, and assigning players to the reserves/eligible for the reserves as and when you want them to be. However, the option I use, considering my reserve squad is thin or non-existent (I'm in the Scottish Second Division), is to select my squad for the first team match when my assistant manager gives this prompt, and assign

• Any players selected for the first team as unavailable for the reserves
  • Any players selected as first team substitutes unavailable for the reserves
  • Any players not selected for the first team available for the reserves

That way, it improves the strength of my Reserve Team, keeps players in match practice, and I can usually trust my assistant not to play any players to breaking point. And even if he does, they have over a week to recover as they are guaranteed not to play in the next first team game.

Archived