Why would somebody choose not to start off with a transfer fund when starting a game?

Do not get me wrong, I am not here to criticize people who don't or anything. I am just sincerely curious about their REASONS. Why would someone no want to start off with it? Just to make it harder for themselves or is there any sort of benefit? Because I am about to start a game and I am wondering whether or not I should start with a transfer kit.

Also, I haven't been on these forums for a while so before starting a new and potentially long game, is there any talk of a new patch? I am not saying whether one is needed or not, I am just asking because I do not want to start a new game only to have a patch out a season into the game.

Thanks in advance.

I sometimes use no transfer budgets. The reason I do it because I can say "OK, this is what team A was like at the start of the year, and this is how they're doing in real life, lets see if I can do better". Many teams, in real life, would of spent their transfer budget by the time the game is released, so giving them more money is kinda unrealistic I think.

Also, no new impending patches I'm sure.

Starting at a team without transfer funds makes it harder indeed, which I personally like as I don't want to start with a 1.5 billion pound bank account being able to buy anyone I'd want to, I'll save that for later on when I actually made that money myself by pwning the other teams :p If you invest in good youth players with the little money you got you can actually make money quite easily: get a promising youth player, train him and play him so he gets better, sell him. Doing this I earned around 15 million euros in 5.5 years at TOP Oss...

Archived