Champions League Seedings

Now, I always thought that the Champions of the higher-rated nations went into Pot A, the second-rated nation champs went into Pot B and Pots C & D were the qualifiers yeah?

So why, when I've just won Serie A, have I been placed in Pot D?. Meaning the Champions of Italy have Barcelona, Sporting Lisbon and Leverkusen ahead of them. Leverkusen didn't even win their group and they were rated higher!!!

:mad::mad:

So someone that comes from nowhere to win the title, like me, with only an UEFA Cup appearance(and win) in the last 5 years gets screwed whilst Fiorentina who have been 4th constantly, but out at the groups every year get better? It shouldn't happen!!

So someone that comes from nowhere to win the title, like me, with only an UEFA Cup appearance(and win) in the last 5 years gets screwed whilst Fiorentina who have been 4th constantly, but out at the groups every year get better? It shouldn't happen!!

Talk to Michel Platini and ask him to change the rule then:D. That's how it is iRL.

It is done on European form in the last 5 years, so positions in domestic football will not be taken into account. The system works well.

I have no problem with the co-efficient rule as such. I just think that the actual title winners of each nation should get Pot A and the co-efficients decide the rest.

I know what you say. What I'm say is that, while you feel that the winner of each nation should be automatically get Pot A, this is not what UEFA thinks. If you got a problem with the rule you should suggest your idea to the UEFA president (which at present is Platini).

Nevertheless I'm happy that the game mimic real life rules.

Archived