Injuries

Guest PW

Just a comment I thought I would make to see what other people thought.

When you create a game it allows you the options of hiding attributes, having transfer funds in the 1st transfer window, etc and I think a good addition would be an option allowing all injuries at the club you want to take over to be cleared.

This way you can start at a club afresh without the usual injuries that you would normally have to deal with from the start.

Although this isn't 'reality', i.e. every new manager has to put up with existing injuries, as SI offer the option with regards to player attribute masking, transfer funds in 1st window etc I don't see it as being any less realistic than those.

Any comments?

Just a comment I thought I would make to see what other people thought.

When you create a game it allows you the options of hiding attributes, having transfer funds in the 1st transfer window, etc and I think a good addition would be an option allowing all injuries at the club you want to take over to be cleared.

This way you can start at a club afresh without the usual injuries that you would normally have to deal with from the start.

Although this isn't 'reality', i.e. every new manager has to put up with existing injuries, as SI offer the option with regards to player attribute masking, transfer funds in 1st window etc I don't see it as being any less realistic than those.

Any comments?

It is completely unrealistic compared to attribute masking and transfer funds in the 1st window. A manager who takes over a new club has to deal with what injuries the players have when he starts his new job, taking this away would take the realism out of the game.

Attribute masking is there for people who like the challenge and have to use their scouts to the best of their ability. As for the transfer funds - I always use the option to have them available so you have the chance to bring in your own players etc. but not having it always adds the challenge of having to start off with the players you have available to you which sometimes is the case irl.

Your missing the point slightly golfpunk.

What he wants is an option to take away the real life injury situation at a club at the very start of the game.

Injuries could be either cleared to start with or the more likely option - randomized.

EDIT

Forgot to add, it gets a thumbs up from me.

If you want to manage your favourite/local side but they have an injury crisis in RL during July/August it makes them less attractive for that release of FM. Randomizing the injuries at the start would give more variety.

Your missing the point slightly golfpunk.

What he wants is an option to take away the real life injury situation at a club at the very start of the game.

Injuries could be either cleared to start with or the more likely option - randomized.

I maybe didn't explain my point very clearly. IRL a manager has to deal with players already injured when he starts at a new club so in FM why have the option to start with a clean slate when this is totally unrealistic, a real life manager can't do this so why should their be an option to do this in the game? All the AI clubs would still have their current players injured so you would have a direct advantage to all the other teams in your league.

You did explain your point clearly GP but you are failing to understand the request.

We are not talking about when you become a manager halfway through a save, PW is talking about when you first begin a career to have the option to remove real life injuries.

From there you can either:

A) Start with a clean slate and pick up injuries in preseason to balance it out.

or

B) Start with a randomised set of injuries each career.

You did explain your point clearly GP but you are failing to understand the request.

We are not talking about when you become a manager halfway through a save, PW is talking about when you first begin a career to have the option to remove real life injuries.

From there you can either:

A) Start with a clean slate and pick up injuries in preseason to balance it out.

or

B) Start with a randomised set of injuries each career.

I understand the request the OP is proposing and I know he is on about when starting a new game not midsave but I still feel this would take away the realism of FM. SI try to make this game as realistic as possible so when starting a new game why would being able to wipe all of the existing injuries away make this realistic?

Fair enough your proposal to have a randomize injuries tickbox option at the start would give people the option but I for one would never want my team to be injury-free at the start of my career coz that's not the way it works IRL.

Personally I feel that SI have to look at the playability of the game as well as the realism.

I understand the reasons for not allowing injuries to be wiped at the beginning of a game but the playability in my opinion is reduced.

As another poster has already suggested, if you really want to manage a particular team but know they have really bad injuries from the beginning it is very offputting.

However some people would love the challenge so having an option to tick or untick would suit both camps.

I understand that you can't have loads and loads of options but just felt that this one is comparable at least to things like attribute masking and transfer funds when you start a game.

Archived