Players Value?

Can someone tell me what determines a players value??

Is it the weekly wage?? But some players get paid a small amount but have large value?

Could it have something to do with the players game ratings???

Can somebody please clear this up for me please :)

For instance , i bought nihat for 25million but his value has decreased to 12.5million as soon as i bought him???

ThankYou for reading guys :)

I suppose it's determined in combination of following factors:

1) players attributes

2) players reputation

3) club status where he plays

4) league status where he plays in

5) players age

6) his recent form and results, also amount of game time he has (I've noticed that when I give my youngster more playing time, his value increases within 1-2 weeks, but drops later when he doesn't get to game too much).

7) players contract (is it expiring or for how long he's bound to club, also wether it's youth contract or professional)

and last, but not least:

8) recent transfers - when player is transferred, his transfer value will be shown as player value, but soon (at least in half of the season) it will 'normalize' according to objective factors. When game starts, Miralem Sulejmani (Ajax) value is £13m as his transfer value was, but within 1 season it drops to around £5m.

I've found also in previous FM versions and in FM09 as well, that in Dutch Eredivisie it's rather hard to keep player value over £5m. Only player in Ajax was Huntelaar who had player value normally around £7-8m. That's why I think it's somehow connected to league reputation.

It shouldnt have decreased by half as soon as you bought him, whatever you paid for him should be the price it sticks at for a while. Maybe after a couple of games, but it shouldnt have gone down straight away.

I suppose it's determined in combination of following factors:

1) players attributes

2) players reputation

3) club status where he plays

4) league status where he plays in

5) players age

6) his recent form and results, also amount of game time he has (I've noticed that when I give my youngster more playing time, his value increases within 1-2 weeks, but drops later when he doesn't get to game too much).

7) players contract (is it expiring or for how long he's bound to club, also wether it's youth contract or professional)

and last, but not least:

8) recent transfers - when player is transferred, his transfer value will be shown as player value, but soon (at least in half of the season) it will 'normalize' according to objective factors. When game starts, Miralem Sulejmani (Ajax) value is £13m as his transfer value was, but within 1 season it drops to around £5m.

I've found also in previous FM versions and in FM09 as well, that in Dutch Eredivisie it's rather hard to keep player value over £5m. Only player in Ajax was Huntelaar who had player value normally around £7-8m. That's why I think it's somehow connected to league reputation.

Excellent points sugested by Drakon. I think that he said everything.

in my opinion the most important is reputation of the player and of the club ,and league status where he plays in.

For Example : I got Pandev to PSG and in 2 season his reputation was worldwide, the club was continental and his value was over 30 mEuros. The transfer fee was 11mEuros.

In another save , i managed to get Pandev to come to Rapid Bucharest and played him for 4 season each game, and his reputation was everytime to continental. The club was also continental . His value never was more then 11 mEuros.

The main difference here was league status where he played. I don't think your players can reach worlwide reputation if you manage a medium club ( eg: Belgium, Romania, Turkey etc) and you don't have amazing results ( like winning the UCL with that club). Also, I don't think you can reach more then 15mEuros value of a player if you play in that kind of leagues mentioned above.

Cheers!

How can you view the players reputation and the clubs reputation?

I beleive you'll find the club reputation under the 'Information' screen for the club. You'll find the players by selecting the player and looking under 'Personal'.

Archived