what does those terms mean?

hey all my football manager fellows

i just want to ask about the meaning of some skills...ofcourse i know there meaning in english but i want to know there meaning in football

first touch-technique-determination-flair-influence-off the ball-positioning

so please if anybody knows just explain them to me

greetings from egypt

First Touch - How good the player is at controlling the ball when it comes to him.

Technique - A general rating of how good he is at controling and striking the ball.

Determination - How strong he is mentally. Determined players are more likely to work hard and give their all for the team, even when things aren't going well. Ties in with other mental stats like Bravery, Workrate and Teamwork.

Flair - Probably best described as the ability to do the unexpected.

Influence - Leadership. How good he is at motivating his teammates. Important for the captain.

Off the ball - How good he is at positioning himself when his teammates have the ball - running into channels, finding space and so on.

Positioning - The defensive equivalent of OTB - how good he is at taking up positions when the opposition have the ball.

This may be wrong :) but:

First touch - How good they are at Controlling the ball

Technique - How good they do their job

Determination - how determined to do the action they are (Defenders getting in tackles etc)

Flair - How their team react to them

Influence - How much they make up a mind of a fellow player

Off-the-ball - How good they are off the ball (Getting into space etc)

Positioning - How good they are at determining where they need to be for tackles etc.

Hope it helped ;)

As for Flair - think players like Cristiano Ronaldo, Ronaldinho etc. (you never know what they'll do next)

Determination (works well when combined with Stamina) - think players like Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard (never give up until the end)

Influence - Players like Raul, Paulo Maldini etc (Born Leaders)

First Touch - Literally how good his First Touch is. If you watch 2-D match replays you can actually see this stat whenever a player receives the ball. A player with 20 First Touch will perfectly control the ball in terms of his next move, whether that is dribbling round a defender or running up the flank or moving into space for a better pass.

Technique - How good a player is at tricky ball control moves, such as curling the ball, chipping the ball, hitting volleyed shots or passes, that kind of thing. Whatever action doesn't specifically fall under the other technical ability attributes is determined by this attribute.

Determination - How much a player wants to defeat challenges. Some players are professional and will always do their best in fair situations, some players are ambitious and want to make it to high levels and be famous. Determined players just want to beat challenges, they just want to succeed, end of story.

Flair - How likely a player is to try the outrageous, the unexpected, and often the impossible.

Influence - How much impact a player has on others. High influence players will affect the performances and decisions of players around them.

Off-The-Ball - How good a player is at making attacking runs and his movement in general.

Positioning - The ability to take up good, intelligent defensive positions.

Archived