equation to work out how much to sell your players for.

most of us, when buying players, have a percentage of profit clause in the transfer deal. this can be annoying when trying to sell players, selling them for a certain amount but hten seeing some of your money go to the other club. that is why i have set up this equation to help you work out how much to put them up for.

a= official asking price

b= personal value of the player

c= % of next profit to previous club

d= price paid when purchased

a = (b - (c*d))/(1-c)

i believe my maths is correct. with the percentages, make 15% 0.15, 40% 0.4 etc.

i hope this helps

if anybody has any questions, please feel free to ask

EDIT: ill do an example.

I have a player who i want to sell for £5m.

there is 15% profit clause to his former club

i initially payed £2m for him

the calculation is such:

(5-(0.15*2))/(1-0.15)

this equals £5.5m, the amount to sell said player for

most of us, when buying players, have a percentage of profit clause in the transfer deal. this can be annoying when trying to sell players, selling them for a certain amount but hten seeing some of your money go to the other club. that is why i have set up this equation to help you work out how much to put them up for.

a= official asking price

b= personal value of the player

c= % of next profit to previous club

d= price paid when purchased

a = (b - (c*d))/(1-c)

i believe my maths is correct. with the percentages, make 15% 0.15, 40% 0.4 etc.

i hope this helps

if anybody has any questions, please feel free to ask

EDIT: ill do an example.

I have a player who i want to sell for £5m.

there is 15% profit clause to his former club

i initially payed £2m for him

the calculation is such:

(5-(0.15*2))/(1-0.15)

this equals £5.5m, the amount to sell said player for

This may sound a little "geeky"...but i like your equation...very well though through :)

Not to put to fine a point on it, but its a bit of a pointless formula because it for the most part revolves around how much the player means to you, the £5M in your example. That has nothing to do with any of the formula, you have already decided that number based on all kinds of factors.

cheers platty, im an A grade a level maths student and i wanted to know this as im having a reserve team clear out at the end of my season, so i thought i might as well share it.

Quackje, the point of the formula is to work out how much to sell them for to get that £5m, as if you sold them for £5m then you wouldnt get all of the money

Well of course, but its just so obvious to work out how much you have to pay them. Also it doesn't take into account any sell-on to the next club and how much you might expect to make from that, quite often I use that to ensure I get the best value for the player which could easily go into my, I want £5M for him total.

Archived