Returning Managers

I read somewhere on this forum that once you leave your post as manager you automatically get put on the 'dislike' personnel list for that club.

Does this mean that if you leave a club you can never return as manager in the future a la King Kev at Newc?

Has anyone ever had any experience with this?

I posted something similar on a thread a while ago. I started a game as Shrewsbury in League 2. Won promotion with them first time round, but was offered the Hamburg job in late May. Obviously I accepted and got a message saying the Chairman was disappointed to lose me, but understood my ambition. So you could say I left on good terms, and was very popular after turning down a few Championship club jobs during that first season. After a season and a half with Hamburg I applied for the Newcastle job as they were struggling in 17th in the Premier League, I got them out of trouble and went on to finish around 11th I think, which wasn't bad considering the relegation battle I experianced at the start.

After that season i was there for just a couple of months before I became bored with them and resigned, only to find a few weeks later that Shrewsbury were back in League 2 and fighting relegation. They were managerless and I felt I had to help my old club out, so I applied for the job and got a message back saying something like the Chairman laughed off my application. Was pretty gutted in the end.

See i think there should be something in the game that could allow you to return like that, as long as you obviously leave on good terms. But it happens in real life so it should be incorporated into the game. Maybe in future editions.

Yeah definately bud! I was disappointed not to even be considered, especially after building a decent reputation in Germany and in England, Newcastle were in 3rd place when i resigned. Incase you're interest, Newcastle finished 9th that season and Shrewsbury were 24th, and relegated. Went on to take the QPR job in around February of that season and beat Newcastle 5-1 at St. James Park just before the end of the season :)

Have u had a similar experiance with a club you've left and tried to return to?

No i havent. Haven't played a long enough career to have the chance to return but i just started with Newcastle and the Keegan scenario was playing in my mind. Just wanted to know if its possible to do what he did.

Shame its not because as you said, you should have at least been considered for the Shrewsbury job after having so much success with them earlier.

Hows the game going with them. One tip i'd give you is not to sell Owen. I sold him to Inter and half my squad became unhappy. Which eventually led to me becoming bored.

I always wondered if they'd give me the job now they were in the Blue Square Premier, but was enjoying my QPR game too much to really care.

well, just started with Newcastle and in pre season all is going well at the moment. That probably means ill get relegated but still trying to strenghen the squad once i get rid of all the riff raff (geremi, smith, cacapa etc)

Did you say Newcastle were in BSP in your game?

No no I meant Shrewsbury were there after they got relegated. Eventually gave up on the QPR game though, got them into the Europa League and didn't feel I could take them any further. So re-started the other day and am playing as Wigan atm. Going pretty well.

Well it didn't in my own experiance. But this has been the only time i've tried to back to an old club. But I left on good terms and the Chairman wished me well etc. But I never declared interest in another job, the Hamburg job was just offered to me.

Archived