The corner bug may cause major problems in my squad (well known player named)

Richard Dunne - scorer of many headed goals from corners and a goalkeepers worst nightmare.

I have steadily stengthend most areas of my Man City team with some very good players.

Central defence is now to be added to. I would like to bring in a world-class player who will improve my overall team as I feel we concede too many goals.

Richard Dunne is on most of my player's favoured personal. I beleive this is due to his high average rating which has been seriously inflated by the amount of goals he has scored and I don't feel it represents his defensive performances.

I would like to replace him but don't want to upset the majority of my squad (he is also my captain although he could be replaced quite easily in that capacity).

Any ideas on how to approach this?

If you dont need to replace him straight away, i would suggest getting a young player, around the age of 18-23 and start them on the bench, gradually giving them more games in his place, take your time.

Depends what year and what club you are but if your early in your game i would highly highly reccomened Mamadou Sakho who will become one of the best defenders on the game (if your not at the start of the game he will be snapped up straight away and you will never get him).

If you dont need to replace him straight away, i would suggest getting a young player, around the age of 18-23 and start them on the bench, gradually giving them more games in his place, take your time.

Depends what year and what club you are but if your early in your game i would highly highly reccomened Mamadou Sakho who will become one of the best defenders on the game (if your not at the start of the game he will be snapped up straight away and you will never get him).

Funny you should mention him as he is in my squad!

He's not doing too great though and I've found that there is much more emphaisis on experienced players in this incarnation so I don't want to play Sahko or any other youngster at this time. I would ideally like to have a defender aged between 26-30, preferably British/European. Money should be no issue.

What year are you in?

Ha! 10 games into 2009/2010.

When I say I have strengthened what I mean is.

4 major signings in the first season: Mouthiino, Palombo, Arteta, Agueiro

As well as a few promising youngsters.

Start of 2nd Season: Villa and Mata (although he's going because he's crud)

So midfield and attack are sorted.

Still looking for a quality left back with experience - looked at Heinze but he won't come. Bridge will do but Centre-Half is a concern.

Here's a filter i made for Centre Backs, http://www.mediafire.com/?ydhmzghoq5y

Just import it into your Player Search filters and see if it comes up with any results, any player on that list would be suitable just about.

Thanks I'll check that out.

ANy ideas on how to slowly kick Dunne out the door without upsetting my squad - and fans actually because they love him.

Like i said, gently start giving him less games as much as you do, after a while change his squad status, remove captaincy and the new season start etc...

Really there is no quick way out from it, apart from the quick boot then "promise anothe rbig name signing"

Thats all i can think of anyway.

Like i said, gently start giving him less games as much as you do, after a while change his squad status, remove captaincy and the new season start etc...

Really there is no quick way out from it, apart from the quick boot then "promise anothe rbig name signing"

Thats all i can think of anyway.

Okay sounds good. I think I'll try and sign someone in January if his performances aren't up to scratch. If he's coping I'll get someone is the close-season and play him as my back up centre-half. I was thinking of changing his corner instructions to reduce the goals he scores. Bit if a chance though.

Jagielka is worth signing seems solid everytime I have bought him and is pretty cheap usually. I always put my strike ron challenge GK it helps with his goal tally for the season rather than having a DC on 20 plus goals.

Jagielka is worth signing seems solid everytime I have bought him and is pretty cheap usually. I always put my strike ron challenge GK it helps with his goal tally for the season rather than having a DC on 20 plus goals.

My strikers don't have great jumping attributes. Robinho isn't a force to reckoned with in the air and no one else really looks capable.

Archived