Assistance Needed!

My laptop has a fault and I need to wipe the whole thing and reboot it but I want to make sure my saved game is not lost. I have tried in the past to cut and paste my saved game file to my pen drive but it wouldnt work when i cut and paste it back.

Please let me know how you would do it and let me know quick as I need to get this laptop back off to PC World asap if rebooting doesnt work!

Cheers

My laptop has a fault and I need to wipe the whole thing and reboot it but I want to make sure my saved game is not lost. I have tried in the past to cut and paste my saved game file to my pen drive but it wouldnt work when i cut and paste it back.

Please let me know how you would do it and let me know quick as I need to get this laptop back off to PC World asap if rebooting doesnt work!

Cheers

If you couldn't get your game back from the pen drive then something somewhere went wrong. Either you did something wrong or the pen drive failed or something happened when you copied it.

There is no reason that shouldn't work.

Why didn't the pen drive work?

Did it fail to copy back across or did FM fail to load it?

It was ages ago (a good few versions back) that I tried but I think it was FM failing to load it.

Now if I could only find it I could try again!

It was ages ago (a good few versions back) that I tried but I think it was FM failing to load it.
In that case, it could well be that you tried to load it in an unpatched game. Saves aren't compatable with previous patch versions.

Archived