Selling players...

What is the best way to go about selling players for the most money? Do you offer the players at their value, list them and then just wait, etc... I'm managing Stafford and we went undefeated in the BSN and my most valuable player is valued at 50K but I've heard some people selling players that I have (in the same year) for 10 times their value.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

dont be afriad to ask for significantly more than there current value. Most clubs will pay it but age can be an issue for some players. Heinze who is a solid defender is hard to sell for lots of money but pepe on the other hand is young enough to get the big bucks

Generally, if your player really is good, bigger clubs will come in for him. First comes the rumour with associated press enquiry; you say you'll only sell at the right price and make sure you've put a good price on him in the player transfer screen. Then wait for offers.

If he isn't as good as you think, maybe no one will show any interest. Then you have to offer him and you may only get interest at the basic price. Start with higher offers and see if anyone takes the bait. If they all respond with 'price too high', you have to come down.

Remember that accepting staged payments or add-on clauses might get a higher offer, but you'll get less upfront.

Archived