Problem with Eligibility for a Nation

Hi.

I am now in 2018, and one of my players (a regen named Gabriele Pappalardo) has just gained British citizenship after playing for my Leeds team for 6 seasons. He is not capped for the senior Italian team (his home nation), and so he has decided to take up citizenship as he doesn't feel he will get the oppurtunity to play for Italy. I was really pleased when he said this. I then checked under his 'personal' tab, and it says under 'nations eligible for' that he is only eligible for Italy.

Now, is this because he has had 22 u21 caps with Italy, or is it a glitch, or is it just cosmetic, and he actually is eligible to play for England?

• SI Staff

That does look like a problem with the player's decision to opt for British nationality.

The fact is that if he's played a competitive U21 fixture, he's no longer eligible for any other nation. Seeing as he's got several caps at U21 level, that would seem highly likely.

If you have a saved game (preferably before he opts for British nationality but don't worry if you haven't) and are able to upload it to the FTP site (as detailed in the bugs forum), please do so and we can take a look for you.

Cheers. Nick.

That does look like a problem with the player's decision to opt for British nationality.

The fact is that if he's played a competitive U21 fixture, he's no longer eligible for any other nation. Seeing as he's got several caps at U21 level, that would seem highly likely.

If you have a saved game (preferably before he opts for British nationality but don't worry if you haven't) and are able to upload it to the FTP site (as detailed in the bugs forum), please do so and we can take a look for you.

Cheers. Nick.

I saved just after :D Sorry. Shall I still upload it?

Cheers. Nick.

Hi Nick,

I uploaded a save game registering this issue with 9.02 called 'sten_super_citizenship bug' that Olly Kenney acknowledged (see http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=97460). I understand that it was on the fix list for 9.03, so that save may not be of use to you but thought I should point it out anyway.

Archived