Do I still need this to play FM2009?

When FM2009 was released last year, the makers of the game highly recommended downloading the following file for the game to work successfully on all PC's - Microsoft DirectX SDK (Nov 2008). My question is do I still need this with the game and the updated PATCH as well.

I ask because the file (Microsoft DirectX SDK (Nov 2008) takes up a massive 923MB of storage space on my PC. Something I could do without. Please can you tell me if I can remove from my PC or do I still need it to work the game. NOTE - I have already mentioned I do have the new PATCH if this helps. Please can you help in this matter. Thank you.

I think that you still need it. It improves the performance of the game anyway as far as I know, so you might want to keep it. I suppose it'd do no harm if you tried playing FM09 with it uninstalled to see what happens, but I'm not certain if it would work or not.

Are you on about the installed component or the set up files?

If its the setup files then you can probably delete them. If its the installed component as ah.. says you probably went to keep them.

Do you have portable memory device you can copy the files too? That way if you do need them you can copy them back without having to down load them.

I think that you still need it. It improves the performance of the game anyway as far as I know, so you might want to keep it. I suppose it'd do no harm if you tried playing FM09 with it uninstalled to see what happens, but I'm not certain if it would work or not.

Thanks for that. But if I can get the attention of the Sports Interactive team just for sure, that would help.

Are you on about the installed component or the set up files?

If its the setup files then you can probably delete them. If its the installed component as ah.. says you probably went to keep them.

Do you have portable memory device you can copy the files too? That way if you do need them you can copy them back without having to down load them.

It's the installed component. I don't any external storage or devices either.

Look not wanting sound rude but the question I'm asking is delete the component or do I have keep it.

It's the installed component. I don't any external storage or devices either.

Look not wanting sound rude but the question I'm asking is delete the component or do I have keep it.

In that case if its the installed component I would recommened keeping it. Its a microsfot graphics update and its probably enhancing not only the game but other areas of your machine too

Archived