Rollback to 9.20?

Hey, I've been a fan for many many years and whenever I've disliked a new patch, I always uninstall and reinstall the game to whatever patch I have had the most fun with (this being 9.2). With the addition of the DRM and Steam, is it still possible to "roll back" to a previous patch? The game I really want to play was started on 9.2 so I would hope it hasn't affected the game dramatically.

Cheers

Can I ask what it is about 9.3.0 that you dislike so much?

I'm on the fence myself, but I'm just interested to know why you find 9.3 less enjoyable.

I suppose I'm a bit of a sore loser really; I am playing with Elgin City and got them promoted to Div 1 and battled bravely against relegation for the first time (it required a serious amount of patience for me). The new season is upon us, I improved the team and updated the patch at the same time and prepared for a better season.

I've taken account of the team gelling and now I see more mistakes from my goalkeeper then I have ever seen; far more last 10 minute turn-arounds then previously (I normally Shut Up Shop pretty effectively), significantly increased level of offside goals and more yellow cards.

I understand that realism has to come into the game but I preferred the previous patch as I was doing relatively well for the first time in many an FM game. Now it feels like my pragmatism and patience has been for nothing as the patch has nullified my previously successful approach.

May I ask why are you unsure of the benefits of the new patch?

May I ask why are you unsure of the benefits of the new patch?

I'm not really enjoying the new match engine. I can see the improvements but I also see a whole load of new flaws, ie it is still crap.

It always seems that with a new ME that at first you think yeah great this is like a whole new game! but after a while you start to see a pattern emerge where too many goals are the same and the same things happen over and over again. Obviously there will never be the perfect match engine, but overall I don't think 9.3 is any better than 9.2. They both suck - they just suck in different ways.

Archived